Organisation : National Institute of Homoeopathy
Announcement : BHMS Admission Test 2016
|You can now ask your questions about this Entrance Exam. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Notification & Application Form : https://www.entrance.net.in/uploads/10064-BHMS.pdf
Home Page : http://www.nih.nic.in/pages/display/191
BHMS Admission :
Applications are invited on three “A4” size papers according to format given below from intending candidates of Indian nationality for Admission to 5½ yrs, BHMS Degree Course in Homoeopathy at National Institute of Homoeopathy, Kolkata, affiliated to The West Bengal University of Health Sciences for the academic year 2016-2017.
Related : DIBRU Assam CEE 2016 Combined Entrance Examination : www.entrance.net.in/9719.html
Form can be downloaded from the Institute website. Photocopy of the downloaded form will be accepted.
ELIGIBILITY: (Vide The Gazette of India, Extra Ordinary, Part – III, Section – 4, No. 246 dated 14-07-2015.)
1. No candidate shall be admitted to B.H.M.S. Degree Course unless he has passed –
(a) The higher secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of twelve year’s study, the last two year of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology with Mathematics or any other elective subjects with English at a level not less then core course of English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after the introduction of the 10+2+3 years educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education;
(b) The intermediate examination in science of an Indian University or Board or other recognised examining body with Physics, Chemistry and Biology which shall include a practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject;
(c) The pre-professional or pre-medical examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, after passing either the higher secondary school examination, or the pre-university or an equivalent Examination, which shall include a practical test in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and also English as a compulsory subject;
(d) The first year of the three year’s degree course of a recognised University, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in these subject provided the examination is a University Examination and candidate has passed 10+2 with English at a level not less than a core course;
(e) Any other examination which, in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the intermediate science examination of an Indian University or Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology including practical test in each of these subjects and English as a compulsory subject;
2. The candidate must have passed all the five subjects individually and obtained 50% marks in aggregate (45% marks for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates).
3. For the candidates who have appeared for Higher Secondary (10+2) or its equivalent examination, candidature will be taken into consideration provided that the result of that examination is published before the admission and they have secured the required percentage of marks which has to be substantiated by production of documentary proof.
4. Physically challenged candidates having “locomotor disability, involving the lower limb only” shall be eligible. Blind (including colour blind), deaf, and/or dumb candidates are not eligible for the course.
AGE: To be eligible for the all India common admission test, the candidate must attain 17 years but not crossed the age of 25 years as on by 31st December, 2016. Those born on or before 31st December, 1991 or after 1st January, 2000 are not eligible.
How To Apply :
Filled in application form (in candidate’s own handwriting) is to be sent along with Bank draft of Rs. 1000/- (Rupees One thousand only) in favour of Director, National Institute of Homoeopathy, payable at Kolkata (IPO/Cheque/Cash/Money order will not be accepted).
No Bank draft is required in case of SC/ST candidates but a copy of self attested caste certificate must accompany the application form. Candidates who claim to belong to reserved category, must submit an self attested/certified copy of Caste Certificate along with the filled in application form in support of his/her claim.
Candidates are required to enclose two recent, high contrast 3.5 cm × 4.5 cm identical copies of colour photograph, clearily showing full head, face, shoulders and both ears without wearing any cap/hat/glasses, with the application form. Both the photographs should be signed on the reverse by the candidate.
Polaroid photo is not acceptable. Photograph must have been taken on or after 28th February, 2016 with a placard indicating the name of the candidate and the date of taking the photograph. The name and date of the photograph must be clear and legible.
Two (02) copies of the self attested photographs are to be pasted in the specified area on the application form, with part of signature on the photograph and part of signature on the application form.
1. The duly filled in application form should reach the office of the Director, National Institute of Homoeopathy, Block-GE, Sector-III, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700106 on or before the last date of submission of application i.e. 16/05/2016 (Monday)
2. Admit Card and Prospectus will be sent by post and list of candidates with their Roll numbers and Centres will also be available in the NIH Website nih.nic.in
3. Two self addressed (six digit pin code compulsory) envelop of size 30cm × 20cm and 25cm × 12cm is to be send along with the application form for getting the prospectus through post.
4. Date of All India Admission Test 12/06/2016 (Sunday).
5. Date of publication of the result of Admission Test 20/06/2016 (Monday)
6. Date of Counselling (and of Admission) – Date of counselling & subsequent admission will be notified after getting necessary clearance from Ministry of Ayush, Govt. of India.
7. Result of the qualified candidates will be communicated by post and the merit list will also be available in the NIH website nih.nic.in .
8. List of eligible candidates / their Roll numbers / name of allotted centre for the All India Admission Test, Result of admission test, List of candidates eligible for counselling / date of counselling and venue etc. will be available in the Institute website.
Though intimation will be sent by post, candidates are requested to check the Institute website regularly. Institute will not be responsible for non-receipt / delay in receipt of communications sent by post.