Organisation : Osmania University
Announcement : Eligibility Condition
Entrance Test : Osmania University Common Entrance Test (OUCET) 2015
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Notification : https://www.entrance.net.in/uploads/1034-Eligibility%20Conditions.pdf
Home Page : http://ouadmissions.com/oucet/index.html
OUCET ELIGIBILITY :
A. Faculties of Arts and Social Sciences:
(a) M.A. in 1) Ancient Indian History Culture and Archaeology 2) Arabic 3) English 4) Hindi 5) Islamic Studies 6) Kannada 7) Linguistics 8) Marathi 9) Persian 10) Philosophy 11) Sanskrit 12) Tamil 13) Telugu 14) Urdu 15) Economics 16) History 17) Political Science 18) Psychology 19) Public Administration 20) Sociology and 21) Theatre Arts.
(b) M.C.J., B.L.I.Sc., M.L.I.Sc. and M.S.W.
Osmania University OUCET Syllabus : www.entrance.net.in/1035.html
Eligibility Conditions and Entrance Tests to be taken:
1. The eligibility conditions are as mentioned in the column-3 of the table below.
2. The candidates passing the examination compartmentally and securing required percentage of marks are also eligible. A Pass in the qualifying examination is sufficient for SC/ST candidates.
B. Faculty of Science:
M. Sc. (1) Astronomy/Astrophysics (2) Botany (3) Bio-Chemistry (4) Chemistry (Inorganic/Organic/ Physical Organic/Physical/Analytical*/Pharmaceutical*/ Pharmaco informatics*) (5) Electronics* (6) Geography (7) Geo-informatics (8) Geology (9) Genetics (10) Mathematics (Mathematics/Applied Mathematics / Mathematics with Computer Science) (11) Micro Biology (12) Physics (13) Statistics/Applied Statistics (14) Zoology (15) Geophysics (16) Applied Geochemistry (17)Environmental Science* (18) Computer Science* (19) Biotechnology*. (20) Nutrition & Dietetics * (21) Forensic Science *
*Marked courses are offered under self-finance scheme.
Eligibility Conditions for Admission:
1. All the courses are of two years duration.
2. Candidates should have passed B.Sc., B.A., or its equivalent examination with not less than 40% marks in the aggregate of Part-II (for SC/ST candidates a pass in the qualifying examination is sufficient) and studied the subject(s) mentioned in column(3) of the Table below as optional(s) at the bachelor’s degree level.
3. Candidates passing the bachelor’s degree examination compartmentally are also eligible provided they secured not less than 40% marks in the aggregate of Part – II.
1. B.Pharmacy/B.Sc.(MLT)/B.Tech./B.E. Graduates are not eligible for M.Sc. Courses. However, B.E./B.Tech graduates are eligible for M.Sc. Geoinformatics.
2. Candidates who have passed B.Sc.,(Chemical Technology) of Layola Academy, Secunderabad, are eligible for admission into M.Sc. Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biochemistry.
3. Candidates who have passed B.Sc. with i) Maths, Physics, Computer & Information Science offered by University college for Women, Koti, Hyderabad ii) B.Sc. (Computer Science Engineering) offered by Layola Academy, Secunderabad, are eligible for admission into M.Sc. Computer Science and (iii) BCA candidates are not eligible for M.Sc. Computer Science.
4. Pattern of Entrance Test for Admission to M.Sc. Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Environmental Science, Forensic Science, Genetics, Microbiology and Nutrition & Dietetics is as follows. Candidates have to appear for a common entrance test, namely BCBTESFSGMN&D comprising of Part-A (Chemistry for 40 Marks) and Part-B (One of the optionals studied at B.Sc. level for 60 Marks. The optionals are Physics, Botany, Zoology, Genetics, Microbiology, Biochemistry and Biotechnology).
5. Reservation for in-service teachers/Laboratory Assistant:
Two seats in each of the subjects viz. Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology are reserved for inservice Teacher / Lab. Assistants sponsored by the relevant authority subject to appearance and qualifying at the Entrance Test. Out of these two seats, one seat is reserved for teacher candidates and the other one is for Lab Assistant. The criteria of admission are given below.
a) The candidate should qualify at the Entrance Test in the subject(s) concerned.
b) The candidates should have put in a minimum three years of continuous service.
c) Teacher candidates are to be sponsored by the Director of School Education, Government of Telangana. The Laboratory Assistants should be sponsored by the Director of Higher Education, Govt. of Telangana. (this is applicable to Laboratory Assistants working in Govt. Colleges and Govt. Aided Private Colleges). For Laboratory Assistants Working in Campus and Constituent Colleges of O.U. a letter of permission by the Registrar, Osmania University should be submitted.
d) Such teacher candidates/Lab Assistants/Sponsored candidates have to submit the relieving order from their respective institutions before joining the course without which their admission will not be entertained.
6. Supernumerary seat for M.Sc. Geophysics:
One supernumerary seat is reserved for nominee of National Geophysical Research Institute (NGRI) at the University College of Science. They are required to take the Entrance Test and become eligible as per merit among themselves.
C. FACULTY OF COMMERCE:
1) M.Com. (Master of Commerce), 2) M.Com (IS) (Master of Commerce in Information Systems)* and 3) P.G. Diploma in Taxation* *Marked courses are offered under self-finance scheme.
Course Duration Eligibility Conditions # Entrance Test to be taken
M.Com. Two years
B.Com. with 40% marks in Part-
II M.Com. M.Com. (IS) Two years
P.G. Diploma in Taxation One year
# A pass in the qualifying examination is sufficient for SC/ST candidates.
D. FACULTY OF EDUCATION:
Course Duration Eligibility Conditions (as per NCTE Guidelines) Entrance Test to be taken
M.Ed. Two years B.Ed. Degree with 55% Marks
(50% for SC/ST/BC candidates) M.Ed.
M.P.Ed. Two years B.P.Ed./B.P.E. with 55% Marks
(50% for SC/ST/BC candidates) M.P.Ed.
* Special category seats are within sanctioned intake.
E. PG DIPLOMA COURSES:
Course Eligibility Conditions *
P.G. Diploma in Digital Information Management (PGDDIM) A pass in M.L.I.Sc. or B.L.I.Sc. or an equivalent course.
P.G. Diploma in Urdu Paleography i) M.A. in Urdu or ii) M.A. (Oriental Languages) in Urdu with 50% of marks
P.G. Diploma in Applied Linguistics
P.G. Degree in Language/Literature or M.Sc. in Speech and Hearing or any other related subject which offers any one of the branches (Theoretical or Applied) of linguistics as one of the papers.
P.G. Diploma in Functional Hindi and Translation
i) M.A. in Hindi or ii) M.A. in any Indian Language and having Hindi, either as optional or as Second Language at Degree level.
P.G. Diploma in Child Psychology
Any Women candidate possessing a degree in any Faculty of this University or any other University recognized as equivalent there to.