Organisation : DTU Delhi Technological University
Announcement : Ph.D. Admissions 2016-17
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Ph.D Admission :
The university admits Full Time/Part-Time scholars for Ph.D in various branches of Engineering, Sciences, Humanities and management.
Related : DTU B.Tech (Evening) Entrance Examination 2016 : www.entrance.net.in/10526.html
1. An applicant possessing a Masters degree in Engineering/Technology/ Sciences/Management/Humanities in respective discipline or equivalent with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters) or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) as determined by the Delhi Technological University shall be eligible to apply for admission to a Ph.D. programme of the University.
In exceptional cases applicant with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering & Technology having a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate ( of all semesters) or Equivalent CGPA and having proven research capability may also be considered eligible.
Five percent (5%) relaxation in marks at the level of qualifying degree will be given to SC/ST category students for determining the eligibility conditions to appear in the screening test.
2. An employee of a Government Department/Government Undertaking, a Research/ Development Organisation, a Public Sector Undertaking, an Educational Institution or a reputed private industry in Engineering & Technological manufacturing/ R&D/Services with a minimum relevant working experience of two years may be considered for admission as a sponsored (full-time)/part-time Research scholar.
Sponsored applicants will be eligible for admission provided they are treated by their employers as on duty with their normal salary and allowances and are fully relieved for the period of study.
3. Part-time applicants will be eligible under three categories (i) Candidates from organizations which have MoU with Delhi Technological University (ii) Organizations with R&D Labs of national repute (iii) Regular faculty/Teaching cum Research Fellow or Scientists from Educational Institutions, R&D organizations, and Govt.
Department/Govt. Undertaking provided that:
i. the applicant possesses the minimum entry qualifications for the degree as given in 1;
ii. the applicant is having at least two years experience in regular capacity.
iii. the applicant proves to the satisfaction of the University that his official duties permit him to devote sufficient time to research:
iv. facilities for research are available at the applicant’s place of work in the chosen field of research or the applicant can spare sufficient time to pursue research in the Department of the Delhi Technological University on daily basis, residing in the vicinity of the University; and
v. he/she will be permitted to reside at the Delhi Technological University for a period of not less than 6 months during his/her registration for the degree. (This condition of minimum residence will be automatically waived for candidates who are working in National Capital Region (NCR) of Delhi or in organisations/institutions located within a distance of 50 km from the Delhi Technological University).
If the number of courses prescribed by the DRC is more than 12, then the residency requirement for part time Ph. D students working in Educational Institutes/Organisation outside NCR of Delhi will be 1 Year.
4. Project staff under sponsored projects, sponsored by DST/UGC/ any government agency, Industry or centres established from grant in aid from government or international agencies at Delhi Technological University may be given administrative clearance to seek admission on part time basis subject to recommendations of the concerned Principal Investigator of the said project/centre and approval of the Vice Chancellor. However, he/she must fulfil the eligibility criteria as per 1. No relaxation will be given in screening test.
5. Permanent academic staff of the Delhi Technological University (including the academic staff of erstwhile Delhi College of Engineering) may be given administrative clearance to seek registration on part-time basis after satisfactory completion of the period of probation subject to recommendations of the concerned head of the Department and approval of the Vice Chancellor.
Important Dates :
Opening of online application on DTU admission website 16.05.2016, Monday
Last Date for online application 06.06.2016, Monday 12:00 Midnight
Display of list of shortlisted candidates for written test on DTU admission website 15.06.2016 Wednesday
Date of Written test 26.06.2016, Sunday
Declaration of result on DTU admission website 26.06.2016, Sunday Evening
Dates for Interview 27.06.2016 & 28.06.2016, Mon. & Tue.
Declaration of final result on DTU admission website 29.06.2016, Wednesday
Date of admission 13.07.2016, Wednesday
Display of vacant seats for spot round on DTU admissions website 15.07.2016, (Friday) at 5:00 pm
Spot round of admissions at DTU (Selected candidates are required to report along with original documents and bank draft for fee deposit) 22.07.2016, (Wednesday) at 10:00 am
The candidates are requested to contact faculty members/Head of the concerned academic departments before selecting their area of research work for Ph.D. degree and see updates regarding admission on the DTU Website.
Candidates have to bring a valid photo-identity card for the purpose of written test along with the printed application form. There is no need to send any part of application form to DTU by post.
Note 1: The list of the shortlisted candidates for screening test, interview and finally selected for admissions to Ph.D. program will be displayed on the DTU website on 15.06.2016, 26.06.2016 and 29.06.2016 respectively.
No separate call letter will be dispatched. The candidates are advised to make their own arrangements for travelling and lodging accordingly. The candidates must come prepared for admission (in case they are selected) as per the above mentioned schedule.
Note 2: Incomplete Applications are likely to be rejected.
Note 3: In case of part-time applicant, he/she must have at least two years experience in regular capacity on or before 06.06.2016