Organisation : Punjab Agricultural University Ludhiana PAU
Announcement : Admission Process Management System (APMS) PORTAL
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
PAU APMS :
1. The result will be notified by the Registrar and will be displayed on the notice board in Thapar Hall and also on the University website.
Related : DTE ITI e-Counseling Schedule & Process 2016 : www.entrance.net.in/11053.html
2. A white application form shall be uploaded by university with the entrance test result on its website. The candidate should download this application form and fill it with his/ her own hand and bring it at the time of counselling/interview along with all the documents in original as well as two sets of photocopies of the same referred at Sr. No. 6 under head Offline Mode.
3. Candidates called for counselling should reach the venue on the scheduled date and time as per counselling schedule given in the prospectus. NO SEPARATE INFORMATION WILL BE SENT.
4. The university will not pay any TA/DA or other expenses for appearing in the entrance test/counselling/ interview.
5. For the undergraduate programmes, the number of candidates called for first counselling would be four times the number of seats in the programme (for more details see chapter no.VII).
6. For Masters’ and Ph.D. programmes, only those candidates, who obtain 20% marks in the entrance test, will be called for counselling/interview. Further Ph.D. candidates are also required to obtain 20% marks in MCQ & Subjective test, individually.
7. At the time of counselling, the candidates selected for admission shall be required to deposit the FULL FEE in cash immediately ON THE SPOT, failing which the seat will be offered to the next candidate on merit.
Important Information :
1. Only those candidates who are residents of Punjab or Union Territory of Chandigarh are eligible for seeking admission to all Undergraduate, Masters’ and Diploma programmes except for MBA Programme, 85% seats are filled from candidates with state domicile and 15% from other states.
2. The admission to Ph.D. programmes shall be on All India basis.
3. Candidates should reach the venue mentioned in the Admit Card at 9.00 a.m. sharp on the day of Entrance Test. Candidates will not be allowed to enter the Examination Centre without Admit Card.
4. The candidates appearing in qualifying examination in the current year can also apply for admission but the original certificates/provisional degree certificate/copy of result notification of qualifying examination must be presented at the time of counselling/interview.
5. All fresh Admissions to Undergraduate, Masters’ and Diploma programmes will close on 11.08.2016. Ph.D. admissions will close on 29.01.2017.
6. The candidates reporting for counselling/interview after the scheduled time shall be treated as absent.
7. The counselling will be conducted merit-wise/rank wise. If a candidate misses the 1st counselling, he/ she can attend the subsequent counsellings merit-wise on the prescribed date, subject to availability of seats.
8. All the newly admitted candidates are required to submit their original certificates/testimonials with the concerned Dean at the time of interview/counsellings.
9. The seats left vacant in different disciplines of Masters’/Ph.D. programmes where there is no waiting list may be shifted to other disciplines within a particular faculty/college.
The shifting of seats in different disciplines will be decided by a committee consisting of Dean, Postgraduate Studies (Chairperson), Dean of the concerned faculty/college, Registrar and Controller of Examinations.
The vacant seats will be shifted only to those disciplines where no candidate has been admitted against reserved categories from sportspersons and Kashmiri Migrants. The committee after assessing the availability of required facilities will shift not more than one seat to a particular discipline. The recommendation of the committee shall be put up to the Vice Chancellor for consideration/approval.
10. The Academic Council is the supreme academic authority to frame rules and regulations, increase/ decrease admission capacity and to decide all other matters relating to admissions and academic affairs.
11. All the programmes of the university are full-time programmes. A student, therefore, cannot take admission in more than one programme simultaneously and also cannot take up regular job.
12. The admission to all programmes of the University shall be made by the Registrar, who reserves the right to cancel the admission sought by misrepresentation/concealment of facts or admission made due to error/oversight, etc.
13. The score on account of research credits/thesis evaluation/final viva will not be added for calculating the percentage of marks for admission to Ph.D. programme.
14. Ph.D. admission will be made from the 2nd semester commencing on 13.01.2017.
15. Date of entrance test/counselling/interview will not be ordinarily changed even if the University is closed on that day on any account.