Organisation : Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra
Entrance Exam : MCA 2017 Entrance Test
Date of Examination : 4-06-2017
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Apply Online : https://www.bitmesra.ac.in/
Notification : https://bitmesra.ac.in/Notice_Details-98826688?cid=1&nid=97
Home Page : https://bitmesra.ac.in/
MCA Entrance Test :
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to the 3-year (6-semester) Full-Time Master in Computer Applications (MCA) programme at Mesra and its Off Campuses at BIT Jaipur, BIT Lalpur and BIT Noida for the session 2017-18.
Related : University of Hyderabad Entrance Examinations 2017-18 Admission : www.entrance.net.in/12019.html
Eligibility Criteria :
1) The candidates must have passed in Mathematics / Computer Science / Information Practices as one of the subject in Class 12 / Equivalent Examination.
2) Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification of any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislatures in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India / AIU.
This degree must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling [Class 12 or equivalent] (10+2+3 system).
3) Candidates must have one of following qualifications:
a) Bachelor of Computer Applications, or
b) B.Sc. in Computer Science / Information Technology / Electronics, or
c) B.Sc. with Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects at graduate level.
4) Candidates with above mentioned qualifications (item-3) must have minimum 55% (50% for SC/ST/PwD) marks in average in graduation, marks to be computed as average of marks obtained in all subjects in which candidate has appeared.
5) Candidates with B.Sc. Honours must have minimum 55% (50% for SC/ST/PwD) marks in average in their Honours subject.
6) Candidates appearing for final examinations of their Bachelor’s programme in 2017 can also apply, provided they have obtained requisite marks or equivalent (as per item 4 or 5 above) based on latest available grades / marks at the time of applying, and if selected can join the programme provisionally.
At the time of reporting for the verification of documents cum admission such an applicant must bring a certificate in original from the Principal of Institute stating that:
a) by 30 June 2017, (s)/he will have appeared for examination in all subjects required for obtaining his/her Bachelor’s degree.
b) (s)/he has obtained requisite marks or equivalent (as per item (4 or 5) above), based on latest available grades / marks.
Their admission will be confirmed only when they submit the mark sheet and a certificate of having passed the Bachelor’s degree / equivalent qualification with requisite marks as per item (4 or 5) above.
They must submit proof of passing their final examinations with requisite marks by 31 October 2017. Non-fulfillment of this condition will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
How to Apply: (Please see Instructions also for details)
** To start online application, click on the link, create ‘username’ and ‘password’ when prompted. Do not share the username and password with any body else.
** To apply for the MCA programme 2017, eligible candidates must complete and submit the application online [link available on Institute website bitmesra.ac.in].
Pay application fee through State Bank Collect (any nationalized bank) of Rs.2,500/- (General / OBC candidates) and Rs.1,500/- (for SC/ST candidates). Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
** Send a printout of electronically generated application form along with required enclosures (see List of Enclosures) in a A4 size envelope by Speedpost / reliable courier (means by which sender may track its movement on internet) to the office of Dean, Academic Coordination, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi – 835215, to reach positively by the due date.
** Write “Application for MCA-2017 on top of the envelope”.
** Applications reaching us after the due date are liable to be rejected / may not be processed.
** You may opt multiple choice of place for study (campus) at BIT Jaipur, BIT Lalpur, BIT Mesra and BIT Noida Campuses, in order of your preference. Please do not make any corrections or add any preference of Campus by hand on the printout of the form, as these will not be saved to the database.
** Please do not print a blank form and fill it by hand as this will not be accepted.
Note: Candidates should proceed to fill the Online Application Form only after they satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria.
Filling of online form commences from 20 March 2017
Last date for submission of online application 30 April 2017
Last date for receipt of printout of electronically filled application form along with required enclosures at BIT Mesra, Ranchi 11 May 2017
Admit card release date 26 May 2017
DATE FOR ONLINE ENTRANCE TEST 4 June 2017 (Sunday)
Declaration of 1st Provisional Selection List along with complete merit list on the Institute website / Notice Boards 15 June 2017