Organisation : Cochin University of Science & Technology
Entrance Exam : Common Admission Test (CAT 2018)
Date of Examination : 28th and 29th April 2018.
Notification : https://cusat.nic.in/How_To_Register.htm
Home Page : https://cusat.nic.in/Home.aspx
|You can now ask your questions about this Entrance Exam. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
CUSAT Common Admission Test
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to various academic programmes of the University for the academic year 2018-19.
Related : ISICAL ISI Admission Test 2018 : www.entrance.net.in/12947.html
All admissions are on the basis of online Common Admission Test (CAT) or online Lateral Entry Test (LET) or Departmental Admission Test (DAT) conducted by the University. Admission to MBA programme is based on C-MAT(AICTE)/MAT(AIMA)/ CAT(IIM) score, GD & Interview and for M.Tech GATE score.
How to Apply
1. Submission of Online Application does not reserve any type of admission to the University which is subject to compliance with Rules and Regulations of the University in force at the time of admission.
2. All Candidates applying for Common Admission Test 2018 (CAT 2018) should submit their applications on-line. International candidates and those applying for the Lateral Entry Programmes/ MBA/ MTECH programme should also submit their applications on-line.
Candidates for PhD/ M Phil/ MA Translation-German & Russian / Diploma/PG Diploma/Certificate programmes need not submit online application form. They can obtain the printed application from the concerned Departments (see Courses of Study) either directly or through post by paying the required application fee through Demand Draft, drawn in favour of “Registrar, CUSAT” payable at Ernakulam
3. APPLICATION FEE FOR ALL COURSES (OTHER THAN POST DOCTORAL/DIPLOMA/CERTIFICATE PROGRAMMES)
General Category Candidates Rs.1000/-
SC/ST Category Candidates Rs.500/-
Candidates having both Plus-Two and three year Diploma qualifications and intending to apply for both regular B Tech programmes and Lateral Entry to B Tech Programmes are required to submit separate applications by remitting the fees specified i.e. Rs.1000/-+Rs.1000/- for General candidates and Rs.500/-+Rs.500/- for Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe candidates.
Similarly candidates who wish to apply for MCA Lateral Entry along with other programmes should remit an additional amount of Rs 1000/-(Rs 500/- for SC/ST)
5. Candidates should retain minimum 3 copies of the Confirmation Page and the counterfoil of the fee challan/e-payment receipt for their reference.
6. The online application submission is a two-stage process.
7. In the first stage the candidate should submit a few basic details such as Name, Date of Birth, email-id, mobile phone no, etc correctly so as to create their login credentials. User-id and password created during this stage will be send to the candidate by SMS/email.
8. In the second stage the candidate should login using this user-id and password. Immediately they will be asked to change their password. Now submit all other details required in the online registration form and upload your recent passport size (color) photograph (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm with the file size between 4 KB and 100 KB and signature (3.5 cm x 1.5 cm with file size between 1 KB and 30 KB)
9. Please note that once the application is confirmed by pressing the CONFIRM button, no further changes are possible..
10. Payment Modes :
Challan payment mode: Choose your bank first and then take printout of the challan form along with the instructions page and make payment in the bank after two working days from the date of registration. Make sure that the journal number is correctly entered by the bank in the space provided in the challan form before leaving the bank.
Net Banking mode: Payment can also be made from any Internet Banking enabled SBI/SBT a/c: Login to the internet banking account. Choose “Payments/Transfers”. Choose “Power Jyothi Fee Collection (PUL). Enter the fee type as printed in your challan and then click “Submit” button.
In the “Validation Date” box enter your date of birth as printed in the challan. In the “Fee Reference No” box, enter your registration no as printed in the challan. Then click “confirm” button to complete the transaction. Note down your transaction number for future reference.
Online(using debit/credit card only) : Login to candidate Home page and click the link “Online Payment”
11. After completing the registration process you should logout.
How to Fill On-line Application Form
Login Creation for Academic Admissions
1. Enter Your Name, Date of Birth, email-id and Mobile Phone Number as per the format given on the screen
2. Name, Date of Birth, email-id and Mobile Phone Number once entered cannot be changed later in the application form.
3. Now you should select a secret question from the pull down menu and then type your answer in the next field.
4. You should now choose any one of the three categories of online registration viz, 1. Online Registration: Indian and NRI candidates OR 2. Online Registration: Lateral Entry – B Tech (For Diploma holders) OR 3.Online Registration: International Candidates OR 4. Online Registration: Lateral Entry – MCA by clicking on the radio button.
Children of Indian workers in Gulf countries who seek admission in the seats reserved for them should select option 3 ” Online Registration: International Candidates”
5. Please note that Lateral Entry B Tech programme is for Diploma holders. Candidates having only Plus 2 or equivalent qualification should choose option 1 – Online Registration: Indian and NRI candidates.
6. You should now choose your User Name (maximum 10 characters).
7. Make sure that you have entered correct data on the field boxes.
8. You can now finalize the above details by clicking the CONFIRM button after typing the security pin displayed on the screen. Hereafter you cannot edit any of the above details. Remember, the email-id already used by anyone else for online application submission cannot be used again.
Filling Online Application Form
1. Enter your personal details very carefully in the boxes on the screen.
2. In the Age field enter your age as on 01-01-2018. This age should match the date of birth entered.
3. In the Reservation field choose your claim for communal reservation from the drop down menu. If you are not eligible for any communal reservation, choose “General”
4. In the “Reservation Category” drop down menu the Kerala State reservations will be visible only if you select your “:State for communal reservation” as “Kerala”
5. Only the categories, which are eligible for Communal Reservation as per Kerala Government Rules, are given in the Drop Down Menu.
6. OEC STATUS: Enter either “YES” or “NO” depending upon whether you are eligible for OEC benefits.
7. ANNUAL FAMILY INCOME: Select Annual Family Income (range) from the Drop Down Menu.
8. Click “NEXT” button to proceed. If all entries are in the correct format you will be navigated to the next page of the form. If you are not navigated to the next page, check for “error messages” in red font on the right side of the fields.
9. SPECIAL RESERVATION: Select Special Reservation Category/Categories applicable to the courses for which you wish to apply and for which you are eligible. (E.g.: -NRI reservation is applicable only for B.Tech courses and if you select this you are required to remit Rs.5000/- in addition to normal application fee)
10. ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATION: Select your Eligibility Qualification carefully from the Drop Down List for the course/courses, which you wish to apply for.
11. COURSE APPLYING FOR: Select the course applying for from the Drop Down Menu. If you wish to apply for more than one course select “OTHERS”.
12. SUBSIDIARY SUBJECTS: If you are a Graduate you should select the subsidiary subjects of your degree correctly from the Menu. If it is more than one main system, enter the other two as subsidiaries. This field is not visible if the eligibility qualification is Plus-two/ equivalent.
13. PROGRAMES TO WHICH ADMISSION ARE SOUGHT: This field is visible only if the Course Applying For is “Others”. You may select one or more Academic Programme(s) which you wish to join if you possess the required the Eligibility Qualification for the programme(s) selected. There is only one test for all branches of B.Tech programmes and 5 year Integrated MSc in Photonics. For MBA programme, you should have a valid CMAT(AICTE)/MAT(AIMA)/CAT-IIM score.
14. For Post Graduate/M Tech programmes, select programmes in the order of preference. This order shall be the default order of options for allotment unless you change it during online option registration.
15. TEST CENTRE: Select test centre from the Drop Down Menu. You must select a second choice test center also. If you choose Dubai as your first choice then your second choice will be Ernakulam by default. Dubai center cannot be selected as the second choice. Test Centre once selected cannot be changed under any circumstance.
16. TEST SUBJECT: The test subjects for CAT 2018 that are required for the Academic Programmes chosen are displayed and you may select the necessary test subject(s) from the list.
17. Click “NEXT” button to proceed or “PREVIOUS” button to go back.
18. UPLOAD Your photo and signature: Before proceeding for online registration, you should save your recent passport size color photo image and your signature image in your computer.
Photograph should be 3.5 cm(width) x 4.5 cm(height) or 132 pixel(width) x 170 pixel(Height) only with the file size between 4 KB and 100 KB and signature should be 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm or 132 pixel(width) x 57 pixel(Height) only with file size between 1 KB and 30 KB. JPG formats only will be accepted.
In the Photo/signature upload page click the browse button and choose the path of your photo/signature images in the computer. Then click the “Upload” button.
19. FEE PAYMENT: You can choose challan mode of payment by directly remitting money at the bank or through internet banking. Online payment using debit/credit card is also possible. Read the instructions on a separate page which will be automatically downloaded along with the challan.
20. Now you may press the “SUBMIT” button for a preview of the details you have entered. You should satisfy yourself that all the required details have been entered correctly in the online form.