|You can now ask your questions about this Entrance Exam. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Organisation : Kumaun University Nainital
Announcement : Syllabus
Entrance Exam : PhD Entrance Examination 2018
Date of Examination : 01st Apr 2018
Syllabus : https://www.entrance.net.in/uploads/13221-syll.pdf
Home Page : http://www.kunainital.ac.in/forms/static/Directorate.html
Ph.D Entrance Exam Syllabus Kumaun University
Syllabus of Ph.D. Entrance Examination 2018 Faculty Of Commerce And Management
Related : Kumaun University Ph.D Entrance Examination 2018 RDET : www.entrance.net.in/13219.html
1. Business Environment: Meaning and Elements of Business Environment. Economic environment, Economic Policies, Economic Planning. Legal environment of Business in India, Competition Policy, Consumer protection, Environment Protection, Policy Environment: Liberalization, Privatization, Globalization, Industrial Growth and Structural changes.
2. Financial and Management Accounting: Basic Accounting concepts, financial statement, partnership accounts: Admission, Retirement and dissolution of firms. Advanced Company Accounts: Issue, Forfeiture, and Purchase of Business, Liquidation, and Valuation of Shares, Amalgamation, Absorption and Reconstruction, Holding Company Accounts.
Cost and management Accounting: Ratio analysis, Fund Flow Analysis, Cash Flow Analysis, Marginal Costing and Break Even Analysis, Standard Costing, Budgetary Control. Responsibility Accounting
3. Business Economics: Nature and Uses of Business Economics, Concept of profit and Wealth maximization, Demand analysis and Elasticity of Demand, Indifference curve analysis. Utility analysis and Law, cost, Revenue, price determination in different market situations: Perfect Competition, Monopolistic Competition, Price Discrimination and Oligopoly, Pricing Strategies.
4. Business Statistics and data Processing: Data type, data collection and analysis, Sampling, Need, errors and Methods of Sampling, Normal Distribution, Hypothesis Testing, Correlation and Regression and Chi- square test, Data processing Elements, data Entry, data processing and Computer applications, Computers application to functional areas- Accounting, Inventory Control.
5. Business Management: Principal of Management, Planning- Objectives, Strategies, Planning process, Decision making, Organizing, Organizational Structure, Formal and Informal Organizations, Staffing, Leading: Motivation, Leadership, Communication Controlling, Corporate governance and Business Ethics.
6. Marketing management: The evolution of marketing, Concept of marketing, Marketing Mix, Marketing Environment. Consumer Behaviour, Market Segmentation, Product Decisions, Pricing decisions, Distribution decisions, Promotion decisions, Marketing Planning , organizing and Control.
7. Financial Management: Capital Structure, Financial and Operating Leverage, Cost of Capital, Capital Budgeting, Working capital management, Dividend Policy.
8. Human Resources management: Concepts, Role and Functions of Human Resource management, Human Resource planning, Recruitment and Selection, Training and Development. Compensation: Wages and Salary Administration, Incentives and Fringe benefits, Morale and Productivity, Performance Appraisal, Industrial Relation in India, Health, Safety, Welfare and Social Security.
9. Banking and Financial Institutions: Importance of Banking to Business, Types of Banks and their functions, Reserve Bank of India, NABARD and Rural Banking. Banking Sector reforms in India, NPA, Capital adequacy norms. E- Banking, Development Banking: IDBI, IFCI, SFCs, UTI, SIDBI
10. International Business: Theoretical foundation of International business, balance of Payments, International Economic Institutions- IMF, World Bank, IFC, IDA, ADB World Trade Organization- its functions and Policies. Structure of India’s foreign trade: Composition and Direction, EXIM Bank, EXIM Policy of India, Regulation and promotion of Foreign Trades.
1. Managerial Economics: Nature, Scope and Tools of Managerial Economics, Demand Analysis and Elasticity of Demand, Revenue concepts, Supply and Elasticity of Supply, Utility Analysis and Indifference of Return and Law of variable proportion, Cost, Revenue, Price determination in different market situations : Perfect competition, Monopolistic competition, Monopoly, Price discrimination and Oligopoly, Pricing strategies.
Introduction to macro-economics: Structure, National Income Concepts, Government Budget and the Economy, Balance of Payment.
2. Organizational Behaviour: Nature and Significance, Influence of Socio- Cultural factors on Organization, Classical, Neo-Classical and Modern theories of organizational structure, Line and Staff Relationship, Delegation and Decentralization, Formal and Informal Groups, Power and Authority, Organizational Roles and Status, Perception, Attitude, Motivation theories, Leadership: nature, style and approaches, Communication, Conflict and Controlling.
3. Human Resource Management: Concepts, Role and Functions of HRM, HR Planning, Recruitment and Selection, Training and Development, Succession, Planning, Compensation: Wage and Salary, Administration, Incentive and Fringe Benefits, Morale and Productivity, Job analysis, Job description and Specification, Use of Job analysis, Information, Appraisal of Performance, Industrial Relations in India, Health, Safety, Welfare and Social Security, Workers participation in management, Trade Unions and Employers organization in the Industrial Disputes, Forms and trends of Industrial unrest in India, Status of Collective Bargaining in India, Employee Empowerment and Quality Management, Social Security Laws, Dispute resolution and Grievance Management, Future of Human Resource Management.
4. Financial Management: Nature and Scope of Financial Management, Capital Structure, Financial and Operating Coverage, Cost of Capital, Capital Budgeting, Dividend Policy, Money and Capital Market, Working of Stock Exchanges in India: NSE, NASDAQ, Derivatives and Options, Venture Capital Funds, Merges and Acquisition, Mutual Funds, Lease, Financing, Factoring, Measurement of Risk and Returns, Securities Valuation and Portfolio Management, Corporate Risk Management.
Working Capital Management: Determinants and Financing, Cash Management, Inventory Management, Receivables Management.
5. Marketing Management: Evolution and Concepts of Marketing, Marketing Mix, Marketing Segmentation, Product Life Cycle: New Product Development, Branding and Packaging, Pricing Methods, Distribution Decisions, Promotion Decisions, Market Planning, Organizing and Control, Marketing Tasks, Concepts and Tools, Marketing Environment: Marketing Research, On-line Marketing.
Direct Marketing, Social, Ethical and Legal Aspects of Marketing in India. Consumer Behavior Theories and Models, Export Marketing Indian and Global Context, New Issues in Marketing.
6. Business Environment: Meaning and Elements of Business Environment, Changing Dimensions of Business Environment, Economic Policies, Policy Environment: Liberalization, Privatization and Globalization, First and Second Generation Reforms, Industrial Policy, FDI, MNC’s, GATT, WTO, SAARC, NAFTA, IMF, World Bank, EXIM Policy, Regulations and Promotions of Foreign Trade, Monetary and Fiscal Policies and their Impact on Business.
Global Environment Changes and Sustainable Development, Bio- diversity and its Impact on Business, Pollution and Waste Management.
7. Quantitative Techniques: Role and Scope of Operations Research, Linear Programming, Sensitivity Analysis, Duality, Transportation Model, Inventory Control, Queuing Theory, Decision Theory, Markov Analysis, PERT/CPM, Probability Theory, Probability Distribution, Binomial, Poisson, Normal and Exponential, Correlation and Regression Analysis, Sampling Theory, Tests of Hypothesis, Large and Small Samples Tests-t,Z,F and Chi-square Test.
8. Business Management: Nature and Significance of Management, Evolution and its Approaches, Principles of Management, Contribution of Taylor, Fayol and Bernard to Management Science, Social Responsibility of Managers. Planning: Objectives, Strategies, Planning Process and Techniques of Decision Making. Corporate Governance and Business Ethics.
9. Use of Computer Applications in Management: Computer Application to Functional Areas, Management of Data Processing System in Business Organization, Data Base Management System, Types of Information System, Development of Management Information System and Decision Making, Emerging Trends in e-commerce and its Application, Introduction to Programming Approaches and Languages JAVA, HTML etc.
10. Teaching and Research Aptitude: Teaching Aptitude, Research Aptitude, Reading Comprehension, Reasoning (Including Mathematical and Logical), Data Interpretation, Information and Communication Technology, Higher Education System: Governance, Policy and Administration.