You are here: Home > CIT Entrance Exam
All posts from

CIT Entrance Exam 2018 CITEE, CITDEE, CITLET : Central Institute of Technology Kokrajhar

Organisation : Central Institute of Technology Kokrajhar
Entrance Exam : CIT Kokrajhar Admission 2018 Entrance Exam 2018 CITEE, CITDEE, CITLET
Notification : https://www.entrance.net.in/uploads/13373-cit.pdf
Home Page : http://admission.cit.ac.in/

Sponsored Links:
You can now ask your questions about this Entrance Exam. Please go to the bottom of this page.

CIT Kokrajhar Entrance Exam

Central Institute of Technology presently offers following programmes.
I. Three year Diploma programme
II. Four year Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech.) programme and
III. Four year Bachelor of Design (B. Des.) programme.

Related : CIT Entrance Exam 2016 CITEE, CITDEE, CITLET : www.entrance.net.in/8442.html

Eligibility Criteria

Diploma Programme:
Educational Qualifications: Candidates must have passed HSLC or equivalent with 45% marks in aggregate and 50% of marks in Science, Mathematics (or Advanced Mathematics) and English taken together for GEN/OBC candidates (relaxed upto5% of marks for ST/SC/PWD candidates).
Age limit: The age of the candidates as on 01-08-2018 must not exceed the following age limit for different categories- (i) GEN/OBC-19 years; (ii) SC/ST/PWD-24 years; (iii) Female Candidates-22 years.

B. Tech. Programme:
Educational Qualification
(i) Direct Entry: 10+2 (Science) with 45% marks in aggregate and 50% of marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics taken together for GEN/OBC candidates (relaxed upto 5% for ST/SC/PWD candidates). :
(ii) Vertical Entry : Diploma in the concerned branch of Engineering/Technology from CIT with 65% marks for GEN/OBC (relaxed upto 5% for SC/ST/PWD)
(iii) Lateral Entry (CITLET): Diploma in AICTE recognized related branch of Engineering/Technology with 60% marks or equivalent CGPA for GEN/OBC (relaxed upto5% for SC/ST/PWD) or B.Sc. (with Mathematics as one of the compulsory subjects) with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent CGPA for GEN/OBC (relaxed upto 5% for SC/ST/PWD)
Age limit:
(i) Direct Entry: Candidates must not be above 21 years, or below 17 years of age as on 01-08-2018. The upper age limit is relaxed to 3 years for Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe candidates.
(ii) Lateral Entry: 40 years (45 years for SC/ST/PWD and 43 years for OBC and female candidates) as on 01-08-2018

B. Des. Programme :
Educational Qualification:
Candidates who have passed 10+2 examination in any stream (Science/Arts/Commerce) or an equivalent examination** from any institute approved by Board/AICTE/ Recognized University with not less than 50% marks. In case of students belonging to SC/ST, the minimum percentage of marks for admission to B. Des. course shall be not less than 45%.
Age limit:
Direct Entry: Candidates must not be above 21 years, or below 17 years of age as on 01-08-2018. The upper age limit is relaxed to 3 years for Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe candidates. Vertical Entry: 40 years (45 years for SC/ST/PWD and 43 years for OBC and female candidates) as on 01-08-2018.

Admission Procedure

Diploma:
A candidate may be admitted into the Diploma programme of CIT in two ways. The candidate has to clear the CITEE-2018 entrance examination followed by counseling at CIT, Kokrajhar. The second way is to appear in Polytechnic Admission Test (PAT) 2018 conducted by Director, State Council for Technical Education (SCTE), Guwahati, Assam.

The candidates appearing in PAT are to attend counseling called by SCTE whereby their eligibility would be verified and their admission forwarded to CIT, Kokrajhar. Out of the total seats, 85% of seats shall be filled up by the candidates qualified by CITEE-2018 and remaining 15% of seats shall be filled up by the candidates through PAT-2018 conducted by SCTE, Assam.

B. Tech. (Direct):
A candidate may be admitted into the first semester of B. Tech. programme of CIT in two ways. The candidate has to clear the CITDEE-2018 entrance examination followed by counseling at CIT, Kokrajhar. The second way is by applying and appearing in JEE (Main)-2018 conducted by CBSE, New Delhi.

The JEE (Main)- 2018 candidates should separately apply to CIT, Kokrajhar and submit the JEE (Main) score cards to the Member Secretary, Admission Committee, within ten days of the declaration of the JEE (Main) results. A separate selected list will be prepared for JEE (Main) qualified candidates depending on the cutoff marks decided by the Admission Committee of the Institute.

Candidates appearing for CITDEE-2018 may also submit their JEE (Main)scores to the Member Secretary, Admission Committee, CIT, mentioning CITDEE-018 Roll No/Application No. for consideration of their candidature for selection under the JEE (Main) qualified list.

Out of the total seats, 60% of seats shall be filled up by the candidates qualified by CITDEE-2018 and remaining 40% of seats shall be filled up by the candidates through JEE (Main) 2018 conducted by CBSE, New Delhi.

B. Tech. (Vertical/Lateral):
Candidates who have passed from CIT in the current year having requisite qualifying marks should submit their application and would be admitted without any entrance examinations. Those candidates who have passed from CIT and did not get the qualifying marks for Vertical Entry and has qualifying marks for Lateral Entry should apply and appear in the CITLET-2018.

Candidates who have passed Diploma from other AICTE/UGC recognized institutions have to apply and appear in CITLET-2018 for consideration of their candidature for admission into the third semester (second year) of B. Tech. programme under the Lateral Entry scheme.

B. Des. (Direct):
A candidate may be admitted into the first semester of B. Des. programme of CIT in two ways. The candidate has to clear the CITBDAT-2018 entrance examination followed by counseling at CIT, Kokrajhar.

The second way is by applying and appearing in UCEED-2018 conducted by IIT BOMBAY. These candidates should also separately apply to CIT, Kokrajhar and submit the UCEED-2018 score cards to the Member Secretary, Admission Committee, within ten days of the declaration of the UCEED-2018 results.

How To Apply

Offline Mode

The application form should be properly filled in original and submitted to ‘THE MEMBER SECRETARY, ADMISSION COMMITTEE, CIT, KOKRAJHAR, BTAD, ASSAM-783370”, by registered/speed/general post on or before 18th April, 2018. However, the duly filled application form may also be submitted to the ÁDMISSION CELL, CIT, KOKRAJHAR by hand on or before the last date.

Application forms received or submitted after the last date shall be rejected. Application form can be obtained from the selling centres by paying Rs 1000/- (Rupees one thousand only) for GEN/OBC candidates and Rs 500/- (Rupees five hundred only) for SC/ST/PWD.

Online Mode

For Online Mode, candidates may fill the application form through our online portal by visiting the website cit.ac.in.Candidates need to print and send a hard copy of the online application form to
“THE MEMBER SECRETARY,
ADMISSION COMMITTEE,
CIT, KOKRAJHAR, BTAD,
ASSAM-783370”,

by registered/speed/general post on or before 25th April, 2018. The form should accompany with the entrance examination fees receipt paid through SBI, E-Collect.

Important Dates

Issue of Information Brochure 15th February ’18
Last Date of Application Submission (Online/Offline) 18th April ’18 (Offline)/ 25th April ’18 (Online)
Date of Exam 20th May ’18
Declaration of results 12th June ’18

5 Comments
Add a Comment
  1. My roll number is 1424010. Please show my result.

  2. Kindly tell me, has the entrance exam result announced.

  3. Please tell me, when will be the result announced.

  4. I want to know, when will CITDEE exam result be announced?

  5. Clarify please, Can I fill offline form for lateral entry B.Tech programme?

Leave a Reply

How to add comment : 1) Type your comment below. 2) Type your name. 3) Post comment.

www.entrance.net.in © 2017

Contact Us   Privacy Policy