Organisation : National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar
Announcement : Result
Entrance Test : National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) 2015
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Get your Result here : Available on 19 June, 2015
Home Page : http://www.nestexam.in/
Nest National Entrance Screening Test
Please visit this page on/after 19 June, 2015 for Result.
Number of seats & reservation :
For the academic session 2015-16, the total number of seats at NISER and CBS are 100+2 and 45+2, respectively.
Related :NISER NEST 2018 National Entrance Screening Test : www.entrance.net.in/13131.html
Two seats in each institution are reserved for candidates from the state of J&K. To avail the J&K quota Domicile Certificate is needed to be furnished during counseling. The number of seats reserved for SC, ST, OBC (Non-Creamy-Layer) and PD is according to the Government of India norm. To claim seats under reserved category, relevant documents must be furnished at the time of admission. For the details of reserved seats and category certificates refer to the websites of the participating institutions.
Scoring system :
1. In NEST-2015 examination, there would be five sections with 60 points each.
2. Section 1 (General section) is compulsory.
3. Candidates can attempt ‘as many’ from the remaining subject sections.
4. During preparation of merit list, score for the general section would be considered along with three best scores from the remaining subject sections. In other words, the worst score among sections 2 through 5 would be eliminated from the merit list calculation.
5. As merit list calculation will be performed on marks obtained in the general section and in (best) three subject sections, the ‘total’ marks for NEST-2015 becomes 240 (60 x 4 = 240).
6. In the general section, for each of the first 18 questions i.e. for questions 1.1 to 1.18, a correct answer will earn three points while a wrong answer will earn zero point. Any unattempted question will earn zero point.
7. In the general section, for each of the last 3 questions i.e. for questions 1.19 to 1.21, a correct answer will earn two points while a wrong answer will earn zero point. Any unattempted question will earn zero point.
8. In the subject sections, for each of the first 15 questions i.e. for questions 2.1 to 2.15, 3.1 to 3.15, 4.1 to 4.15 and 5.1 to 5.15, a correct answer will earn three points. For a wrong answer one point will be deducted (negative marking). Unattempted questions will earn zero point.
9. In the subject sections, for each of the last 3 questions i.e. for questions 2.16 to 2.18, 3.16 to 3.18, 4.16 to 4.18 and 5.16 to 5.18, a correct answer will earn five points while a wrong answer will earn zero point (NO negative marking). Unattempted questions will earn zero point.