Organisation : Jawaharlal Institute Of Post-Graduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) Puducherry
Announcement : Pattern
Entrance Exam : JIPMER MBBS – 2015 Entrance Examination
Reference Number : Admission Notice – Academic / 01-2015
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Pattern : https://www.entrance.net.in/uploads/468-JIPMER_MBBS-PROSPECTUS_2015.pdf
Home Page : http://jipmer.edu.in/
METHOD OF EXAMINATION:
(1) The examination shall be conducted in ENGLISH medium ONLY.
(2) The questions for JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination 2015 will be based on the syllabus asprescribed by State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE for XI & XII Standards.
(3) On-Line Based Distributed Object System of Examination. The Entrance Examination is common to all and consists of 200 single best response type MCQs and will cover all subjects.
(4) The pattern of JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination is
Logic and Quantitative Reasoning: 10Q
English and Comprehension: 10Q
Each answer with correct response shall be awarded ONE mark. ZERO mark will be given for the question NOT answered. There is NO NEGATIVE MARKING.
(5) All questions will be of ONE best / correct response type having four alternatives.
(6) The response of the candidate for a question(s), on click of “submit button” before closing of Examination shall be considered as the response chosen by the candidate.
METHOD OF SELECTION AND ADMISSION:
1. Biometric finger print and image verifications of the candidate will be done before counseling. If there is a mismatch, the candidate will NOT be permitted to attend the counseling apart from proceeding with legal action deemed fit by the Institution.
2. All General candidates securing less than minimum percentile 50, general OPH candidates less than minimum percentile 45, Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Other Backward Classes securing less than minimum percentile 40 in aggregate in the subjects taken together in the Entrance Examination will NOT be considered for admission to the Institute and their names will NOT be included in the merit list.
3. A merit list of all categories of candidates will be drawn on the basis of minimum percentile mentioned above. A separate list for candidates applying under Self Financing Scheme for 5 seats will be drawn from the NRI / OCI applicants.
4. Candidates selected against the Physically Handicapped quota will be placed in the appropriate category in which he / she belongs (i.e. Unreserved/ Other Backward Classes / Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Puducherry Unreserved / Puducherry Other Backward Classes / Puducherry Scheduled Caste) on horizontal reservation basis. OPH Candidates should be prepared to stay at their own cost for an extra day to complete the medical examination by the Board constituted by the Institute in order to certify their eligibility against this category.
5. All the candidates will be considered for selection against Unreserved (UR) Category seats. Once the Unreserved Category seats have been filled according to merit on the basis of performance in the Entrance Examination, the remaining seats under the reserved categories viz. Other Backward Classes (OBC), Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Puducherry Unreserved (P-UR), Puducherry Other Backward Classes (P-OBC) and Puducherry Scheduled Caste (P-SC) will be filled up by the candidates as per their eligibility according to the merit on the basis of their performance in the Entrance Examination. Provided further that any of the Puducherry Scheduled Caste (P-SC) /Puducherry Other Backward Classes (P-OBC), candidate comes within the Inter-se MERIT of Scheduled Caste (SC), Other Backward Classes (OBC), he/she will be offered admission against the Scheduled Caste seats/OBC seats respectively.
6. The candidate admitted under Self Financing Scheme (SFS) after paying the requisite fee will NOT be considered under any other vacancy arising on or before close of admission i.e. 30.09.2015 METHOD
7. In the case of two or more candidates securing equal marks in the entrance examination their inter se merit shall be determined as follows :
(1) Eliminating first English and Comprehension marks.
(2) If there is still a tie by eliminating Logic and Quantitative Reasoning.
(3) If there is still a tie by eliminating Physics marks.
(4) If there is still a tie by eliminating Chemistry marks.
(5) If there is still a tie by eliminating Biology marks.
(6) If the tie is still NOT broken, then a candidate senior in age shall rank senior to a candidate who is junior in age.