Organisation : Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore (MP)
Announcement : Ph.D/M.Phil Entrance Test 2015
|You can now ask your questions about this Entrance Exam. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Ph.D. & M.Phil. Entrance Test
Instructions for Students for Admission in Ph.D./M.Phil. Programmes-2015: Calendar for Ph. D. / M. Phil. Programme 2015.
Related : DAVV DET Doctoral Entrance Test M.Phil /Ph.D Admission : www.entrance.net.in/13419.html
Advertisement : Latest by 18th July 2015
Last Date of Submission of Application Form : 24th August 2015
Entrance Examination : 01st September 2015
Result of the Entrance Examination : 12th September 2015
DRCs for different Programmes : 14th-30th September 2015
Classes for Course Work : 5th October 2015 Onwards
1. A candidate for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or M.Phil must, at the time of application, hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in the concerned or allied subject with at least 55% Marks (50% for SC/ST/Physically disabled candidates) of the university, a deemed university or other university incorporated by any law for the time being in force and recognized by the University. The candidate is advised to apply for admission only if he/she fulfils the eligibility requirements. The onus of checking appropriate eligibility lies with the candidate. Candidate must read and understand the details given in the guidelines carefully before filling the application form
2. All the eligible candidates who wish to take admission in Ph.D. / M.Phil. programme, through entrance test or who are exempted from entrance test or those who are already registered or awarded Ph.D. or failed in course work conducted in 2014 by the university and wish to join Ph.D. course work shall be required to submit applications on prescribed form available on University website along with the application fee of Rs. 1,000/ (Rupees One Thousand Only) in the form of a Demand Draft in favour of “Registrar, DAVV, Indore” payable at Indore to the respective test centres The duly filled application forms should be submitted to respective Heads of the test centres latest by 24th August 2015.
3. Candidates shall be generally admitted through an entrance test followed by an interview. Candidates who are qualified in NET (LS) for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Foreign Nationals with an International/National fellowship like TWAS (Third world Academy of Science) shall be exempted from entrance test for Ph.D. but they have to appear for interview. The NET, GATE or M.Phil. pass students are not exempted from the entrance test for admission in Ph.D.. For M.Phil., 20 percent seats are reserved for the students who qualify UGC/CSIR (JRF) examination/ NET/SLET/GATE/JEST/Teacher fellowship holders and are exempted from entrance test only for M.Phil.
4. A candidate shall ordinarily be permitted to work for Ph.D. Degree in the subject in which he/she has obtained his/her Master’s Degree. If the research work leads to Ph.D. Degree is interdisciplinary nature, he /she can be allowed to work in other discipline of the same faculty or of allied faculties if approved by concerned Dean/Chairman of BOS. In such cases, candidates may be permitted to work under one or two co-supervisors along with the supervisor.
5. The examination date for DET-2015 and M.Phil. for vacant seats in different subjects (List enclosed) is scheduled on 1st September 2015 from 11.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. at the respective test centres as mentioned on the university website.
6. The Entrance Test shall comprise of one multiple choice objective type paper having one hundred questions of one mark each covering all the basic papers of the concerned Post Graduate course of two hours duration to assess the fundamental knowledge of the candidate. There will not be any negative marking. The candidates must score minimum 50 % marks (45 % for SC/ST/Physically handicapped) to qualify the Doctoral Entrance Test. For M.Phil., the Minimum 40% (35% for SC/ST) is pass marks. The list of the successful candidates of entrance test along with other eligible candidates (20% seats are reserved for the students who qualify UGC/CSIR (JRF) examination/ NET/SLET/GATE/JEST/Teacher fellowship holders for M.Phil.) for M.Phil. and for Ph.D. will be notified separately for interview. The list shall be applicable for the respective academic year, i.e., only for admission for the year2015-16.
7. The Students can appear in the DET-2015 of the subject of their Post Graduate (PG) or its allied branch for Ph.D. admission. The BOS can identify their allied subjects for the promotion of Inter Disciplinary Research. Those candidates who have passed DET-2015 and wish to pursue Ph.D. in an interdisciplinary/ allied subject other than the subject which they had opted for DET-2015 should apply along with a certificate from the respective Head of the test centre certifying the eligibility through DET-2015 to the Head where she/he wish to attend interview for Ph.D. work. The NET (LS) for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Foreign Nationals with an International/National fellowship like TWAS (Third world Academy of Science), who are exempted from entrance test should also apply to the their respective head before the Scheduled date. The name of such candidates will be deleted by the Head from the list of eligible candidates qualified for DET-2015 in that subject and will be added in the list of eligible candidates of the subject where he/she wish to do Ph.D. degree.
8. The successful candidates of the entrance test and those who are exempted from entrance test shall have to appear for an interview. Final selection for Ph.D./M.Phil. for specified seats will be on the basis of interview.
9. The successful candidates of the entrance test and those who are exempted from entrance test are expected to submit before DRC the No Objection Letter from the proposed supervisor/Co- supervisor and from the Head of the research centre. At least one of the supervisor/Co- supervisor must be from research centre. The list of the recognized Supervisors along with vacant seats and Centre of Research is placed on the University website. The candidate is expected to discuss their research plan and a tentative area and research work with the proposed Supervisor. The DRC will examine the research potential of the candidate. As per the Letter No. F 10- 6/2011(PS) Misc. dated 6th July 2015 of UGC, the supervisors who are regular teachers of the University or affiliated PG Colleges/Institutes now only can act as supervisors to Ph.D. as well as M. Phil. Students.
10. The DRC shall finalize the list of the candidates admitted to the Ph.D. And M.Phil. programme in the concerned subject depending upon the merit and availability of seats. It shall also allot the Research Centre, Supervisor and Co-Supervisor, if any, and approve the tentative area of the proposed research work. The DRC will follow the current reservation Policy of Govt. of Madhya Pradesh.’
11. The qualified candidates of Ph.D. and M.Phil. will have to attend interview in the respective subject on a date specified on the University website. The candidates should bring with them the following documents: No separate information about the interview date and time will be sent to the eligible candidate. The candidates thus are advised to see the University website regularly.
a. Original certificates and mark sheets along with a self-attested copy of each of the certificate/mark sheet along with a self-attested SC/ST/OBC/MP domicile certificate (whichever is applicable) to claim the benefit of reservation, as per MP Govt. rules
b. Proof of research experience, if any
c. Research publication, if any
d. Preference from2 supervisors from the panel of approved Supervisors listed on University website.
e. Proposed Research Plan (2 Pages)
f. Letter of consent from the Research Centre
12. The final list of the selected candidate shall be notified on university website for Ph.D. and M.Phil. programmes separately. They should report to the respective centers for further admission process.
13. After having been admitted, each Ph. D. student shall be required to undertake course work of 15 credits of one semester for which he/she has to deposit a prescribed fee. The course work shall be treated as Pre – Ph.D. preparation. The examination scheme of credit/marks is as approved by the university. The course work will comprise of :-
a. Research Methodology, which may include quantitative methods – 5 credits
b. Computer Application – 3 credits
c. Review of Published Research in the relevant field. –3 credits
d. Comprehensive viva-voce – 4 credits
In M.Phil. Programmes, the course will be of three semesters and concerned UTD/Centre will notify the course structure.
14. The fee for the Course work will be Rs. 10,000/ (Rupees ten thousand only), which will be deposited through bank challan to the respective UTDs or centers of course work. The students who are already registered or awarded Ph.D. or failed in coursework conducted in 2014 by the university and wish to join Ph.D. course work will also have to pay the course work fee. The departments or centers who wish to charge different course fee can separately submit the proposal for approval to Hon’ble Vice Chancellor. The registration and other fees will be deposited as per University norms after successfully completion of course work. Such candidates are eligible to appear before Research Degree Committee (RDC).
15. The candidates who could not clear one or two papers in the earlier Ph. D. course work or M.Phil. conducted by the university in 2014, can also apply for second attempt examination in those papers by submitting the application along with a challan of Rs. 500/ (Rupees Five Hundred only) per paper to the concerned department.
16. The examination of PhD. Course work is to be conducted as per ordinance No. 31 of DAVV, but the minimum passing marks for each paper will be fifty per cent (50 %) as specified in Ph.D. ordinance no. 18 [13(e)]. Thus the passing grade for each paper will be “B’’
17. The course work shall be conducted in the University Teaching Departments/Colleges/Research centers as approved by the University. A combined course work for M. Phil/and Ph.D. students may be conducted for a single/group of subjects wherever possible. If found necessary, course work may be carried out by doctoral candidates in sister Departments /Institutes. All the BOS should also be requested to finalize the syllabus of course work for Ph.D. in their subjects. The BOS can also opt to join the course work of other allied BOS. The BOS of different allied subjects can also develop joint course work for their students.
18. The University will not issue any separate admit cards to the students appearing in the entrance examination, however such candidates will have to carry with them a photocopy of their application form, demand draft, identity proof with photograph and the acknowledgement receipt of depositing application to their respective test centers.
19. A waiting list of the left over candidates shall be prepared and announced. They will be considered for admission if seats become available.
20. After the candidate has been provisionally admitted to the M.Phil. course he/she shall have to pay the fees as decided by the University/College
21. Mobile Phones by the candidates are strictly prohibited at Examination Centers.
Instructions for filling the Application Form:
1. The candidate is advised to apply for admission only if he/she fulfils the eligibility requirements.
2. Application form may be downloaded from the website dauniv.ac.in/Ph.D. The duly filled form should be submitted with prescribed application fee of Rs.1000/-through Demand Draft in favour of “Registrar, DAVV, Indore”, payable at Indore, along with attested copies of all relevant documents.
3. The candidate appearing in the Entrance Test is required to bring photocopy of the application form along with the proof of the form submitted at the Entrance Test center. No separate admit card will be issued.