Organisation : Indian Institute of Science
Announcement : Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2016
Facility : Online Application Processing System GOAPS
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Online Application Processing System GOAPS : https://www.entrance.net.in/uploads/4876-Brochure(9).pdf
Home Page : https://gate.iisc.ac.in/
How to Apply :
All candidates have to apply only ONLINE. Details of the application fee are shown.
The application fee is non-refundable. SC/ST/PwD category candidates Rs. 750
Related : Indian Institute of Science GATE 2016 Syllabus Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering : www.entrance.net.in/4871.html
Details of application fee for GATE 2016 :
Women candidates Rs. 750
All other candidates Rs. 1500
* PwD means a person who is physically challenged.
For GATE 2016 payments would have to be made through online by using net banking or debit card or e-challan facilities. Additional charges will be applicable as per the rule of the bank from where the money is being transferred. This charge will be specified on the payment portal.
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) :
An online interface is provided for your interaction with the GATE Office. With this interface you can
1. Apply for the examination online.
2. Upload photograph, signature and other documents like graduation certificate/ certificate from Principal, caste certificate (if applicable) etc.
3. Pay the application fee through net-banking or debit card or e-challan.
4. Check the Status of your application form: Received, Under Scrutiny, Accepted, Defect Status, Status after Rectification, Rejected with Valid Reasons, Admit Card Ready for Download, etc.
5. Contact the zonal GATE Office in case of any queries/problems.
6. Download Admit Card.
7. View your answers, marks and GATE score.
The login to this interface uses your GOAPS password. Keep your password information safe and do not disclose it to anyone.
Filling in Application Online :
1. GOAPS: GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS website) has the web appsgate.iisc.ernet.in
It can also be accessed from the website of the respective Zonal GATE Offices or from the website of the GATE 2016 Organizing Institute.
2. Registration: A candidate must first register by providing a valid email address, mobile number and a GOAPS password. All communications from the GATE Offices will be sent to this email address (ONLY ONE PERSON CAN REGISTER WITH ONE e-mail ADDRESS). Give your personal mobile number because most of the communications may also be sent via SMS.
GOAPS Password: The candidate chooses a password during Enrollment at GOAPS. This password must be remembered along with the GOAPS Enrolment ID to login to GOAPS. It is strongly encouraged to choose a password that cannot be guessed easily (it should not be the candidate’s name, date of birth, or some easily guessable string of numbers or letters like 12345 or abcd).
3. GOAPS Enrollment ID: Upon registration, an email containing the GOAPS Enrolment ID will be sent to the candidate.
4. Data Requirement for Application Filling: The following data will be required while filling the form at GOAPS.
a) Personal information (name, date of birth, your personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.).
b) Address for Communication (including PIN code),
c) Eligibility degree details
d) College address, PIN code of college,
e) GATE paper, choice of GATE examination cities,
f) High quality image of your photograph conforming to the requirements specified in Section 18.104.22.168, along with what type of photograph is accepted (Section 22.214.171.124).
g) Good quality image of your signature conforming to the requirements specified in Section 126.96.36.199.
h) Scanned copy of Degree Certificate or Certificate from Principal/HODs in pdf format.
i) Scanned copy of Category/PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format.
j) Details of a valid ID Proof that you will carry to the examination hall.
k) Your net-banking details.
5. Application Filling: The GOAPS allows you to enter data, “Save” partially filled form, “Logout”, and resume filling in by logging in again. The GOAPS portal is self-explanatory and user-friendly. Online help about using GOAPS is also available.
6. Before you make the payment, you will be shown a “Preview” of your application, where you have to carefully check for any errors.
7. Once you press “Confirm and Final Submit” button, no further changes to the application can be made by you.
8. For online payment follow the instructions given in Section 4.4.3 for payment options.
9. Problems in Login into GOAPS –In case of forgotten user ID or password, follow instructions on the GOPAS portal to retrieve them.
Supporting Documents :
Eligibility Documents :
Eligibility criteria and necessary supporting documents can be found from the paragraph immediately following Table 4.1.
SC/ST/PwD Certificate :
Candidates who are in SC or ST or PwD category have to upload a valid documentary evidence (Appendix A).
Certificate from Principal :
Candidates who mention that they are yet to complete their course, will have to upload a certificate from the Principal. This certificate must mandatorily have the signature and seal of the college Principal with current date.
Online Net-banking Payment Details :
1. From the GATE Online Applicatio n Processing System (GOAPS), you will be redirected to the website of the bank of your choice.
2. The fee can be paid with net-banking or debit card or e-challan.
3. The fee amount and bank charges will be shown to you, and you have to confirm that the payment is for GATE 2016.
4. Once you confirm and the payment is successful, you will be redirected back to the GATE Online Application Website.
5. If you have a difficulty (due to internet connection or power failure, for example), and you are not sure whether your payment has been processed or not, then please login back to GOAPS and check the status of the payment. You can also check the status from your bank.
6. In case the fee amount has been debited from your bank account and GOAPS does not acknowledge any fee payment, then the money will be credited back to your account within seven working days.
7. In such a case, you may initiate a fresh payment using GOAPS, even without waiting for the money to be credited back to your account, so that your application is on time.
8. Onc e the payment is successful a “Fee Payment Number” will be generated which is unique and MUST be saved by the candidate as it will be used in the later stages when he/she fills up the GATE 2016 Application form.
It is essential that the candidate fills in the details in GOAPS without any error as the application is liable to be rejected if there is any error. As a checklist the candidate MUST verify that he/she has filled in and uploaded the following as required
a) Personal information (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number etc.).
b) Address for Communication (including PIN code).
c) Eligibility degree details (College address, PIN code of college).
d) The signed application form (with photograph affixed) with Principal’s certificate, if that is the proof of your eligibility to appear in GATE 2016 OR other eligibility documents required to appear in GATE 2016 (e.g., degree certificate).
e) High quality image of a recent photograph conforming to the requirements specified in Section 188.8.131.52and Section 184.108.40.206.
f) Category certificate in case a discounted application fee is claimed.
g) Good quality im age of signature conforming to the requirements specified in Section 220.127.116.11.
h) Details of the same valid ID Proof that will be carried to the examination hall.
i) Fee payment number.
Before submitting the GATE 2016 Application, please ensure that all the details and all the necessary supporting documents are filled / uploaded and there is NO ERROR. An application once submitted CANNOT be changed / rectified. The current status of an application will be updated after the receipt and scrutiny of the application by the respective zonal GATE Office. This status can be checked anytime by logging into GOAPS.