University : GITAM University
Announcement : Sample Question
Entrance Test : GITAM Medical Entrance Test (GMET) – 2015 Admission to MBBS
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Sample Question : https://www.entrance.net.in/uploads/5426-sample_questions.pdf
Home Page : https://gimsr.gitam.edu/
GITAM Medical Entrance Test (GMET) – 2015 :
Type of Paper :
GMET-2015 will have one paper consisting of 160 Objective Type (Multiple Choice) questions from Biology (Botany & Zoology), Chemistry and Physics. The distribution of questions is:
Subject Number of Questions
Standard of Examination :
The general standard of the GMET-2015 will be that of 12th class under the 10+2 Scheme or Intermediate or equivalent.
Syllabus and Sample Questions :
The detailed syllabus and sample questions of Biology (Botany & Zoology), Chemistry and Physics are given in Annexure-I&II of the Prospectus, which can be downloaded from gitam.edu
Medium of Language of Question Paper :
Scheme of Marking :
1. Each correct response will get a score of one mark.
2. No credit will be given for the questions not answered.
3. The score so obtained by the candidate will be used to determine the rank in the test.
Method of Resolving Ties :
The overall merit / ranking shall be based on the Total Score. The method adopted for breaking ties (similar marks) shall be:
1. Biology: Higher scores in Biology (Botany & Zoology) will result in higher ranking.
2. Chemistry: If Biology scores do not break the tie, higher scores in Chemistry will result in higher ranking.
3. Physics: If Biology and Chemistry scores do not break the tie, higher scores in Physics will result in higher ranking.
4. Age: If Biology, Chemistry and Physics scores do not break the tie, the candidate elder by age will be ranked higher.
GMET-2015 Sample Questions :
1. In which of the following plants, pollen is released before the stigma becomes receptive in the same flower?
(1) Solanum (2) Allium (3) Colchicum (4) Datura
2. A cross between two tall garden pea plants produced all tall plants. The possible genotypes of the parents are
(I)TT,TT (II) TT,Tt (III) Tt, tt (IV) Tt, tT
The correct answer is :
(1) II,III (2) III, IV (3) I,IV (4) I,II
3. Match the following lists :
List – I List -II
(I) Submerged, suspended hydrophyte
(II) Amphibious plant
(III) Heterosporous plant
(IV) Soil formation
1. Male heterogametic sex, XX XO type of sex determination is found in
(1) Drosophila (2) Butterflies (3) Moths (4) Grasshopers
2. Match the following with reference in adaptations:
List – I List – II
(A) Sea gulls
(B) Kangaroo rat
(I) Chloride secreting glands
(II) Water cells in rumen
(III) Salt excreting glands
(IV) Oxidation of fats to generate water
(V) Anadromous migration
3. Erythropoietin is a harmone produced from
(1) Kidney (2) Thymus (3) Pituitary (4)Heart
1. A body is projected horizontally from the top of a tower with a velocity of 10m/s. If it hits the ground at an angle of 450, the vertical component of velocity when it hits the ground in m/s is
(1) 10 (2) 10v2 (3) 5v2 (4) 5
2. Workdone in carrying an electric charge Q1 once round a circle of radius R with a charge Q2 at the centre of the circle is
3. A plane electromagnetic wave travels in free space. Then the ratio of the magnitudes of electric and magnetic fields at a point is equal to
(1) Energy of electromagnetic wave
(2) Inverse of the velocity of the electromagnetic wave
(3) Inverse of the energy of the electromagnetic wave
(4) Velocity of electromagnetic wave
1. Among the following inert gas elements, the element that shows highest chemical reactivity is
(1) Xe (2) Ne (3) Ar (4) He
2. Identify the compounds from the following which form primary amines under suitable reduction conditions.
(1) C2H5 NC (2) C2H6 (3) C2H5 CONH2 (4) C6H5 NO2
The correct answer is :
(1) 2,3,4 (2) 1,4 (3) 3,4 (4) 1,3,4