Organisation : National Board of Examinations NBE
Announcement : Centralized Entrance Test Super Specialty DNB CET-SS – JANUARY 2016
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Apply Online : nbe.prometric.com/
Notification : https://www.entrance.net.in/uploads/5625-DNB%20CETSS%20Book%20Courses%202016.pdf
Home Page : http://www.cetss.natboard.edu.in/
CET-SS Super Specialty :
The Nomenclature of the qualification awarded by the National Board of Examinations is “Diplomate of National Board”.
Related : DNB-CET 2016 Diplomate of National Board Centralized Entrance Test : www.entrance.net.in/5619.html
The list of recognized qualifications awarded by the Board in various Broad and Super specialties as approved by the Government of India and included in the First Schedule of IMC Act 1956
As per the Indian Medical Council Act 1956; the power to recognize medical qualification and determine their equivalence rests with the central government.
The Diplomate qualifications awarded by the National Board of Examinations are equated with the postgraduate and post doctorate degrees awarded by other Indian Universities for all purposes including appointment to teaching posts as lecture/Assistant Professor by the Government of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare; vide their notifications issued from time to time.
The holders of Board’s qualification awarded after an examination i.e. DNB are eligible to be considered for specialist’s post/faculty in any Hospital including a training/teaching institution on a teaching post/ as a faculty member.Diplomate National Board qualifications are well recognized and accepted globally.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :
1. Candidates who are in possession of post graduate medical degrees/ Provisional Pass Certificates by 31st December 2015 in eligible* specialties and their medical qualifications are recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 or DNB qualifications may apply for CET-SS through online application. Candidates shall have completed his/her 3 years of MD/MS training by 31.12.2015.
2. Candidate should possess permanent registration certificate of MBBS qualification and their additional medical qualification should be registrable with Medical council of India.
3. Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of CET-SS will not be permitted to appear in the examination. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or being successful in the CET-SS, the results/candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled and/or are deemed to be cancelled.
4. Requests for appearing in CET-SS from candidates who are qualifying and getting their results of the basic eligibility qualification after 31st December 2015 shall be summarily rejected.
Candidate who are qualifying and getting their results after 31st December 2015 or likely to qualify after 31st December 2015 need not apply in the CET – SS exam as they shall be ineligible to participate at any stage of the admission process.
5. Candidates already pursuing a DM/MCh or DNB course are not eligible to appear for the CET-SS till such time they have completed the duration of prescribed course or have been discharged from the course.
6. Registration and /or appearance in CET-SS does not confer any automatic rights upon the candidate for admission at NBE accredited hospital / institute.
7. Registration with M.C.I./State Medical Council/ is necessary and its documentary proof should be furnished at the time of counseling.
8 Medical Genetics: NBE has introduce DNB Medical Genetics as 3 years Super Specialty Course from January 2015 Academic Session onwards. Candidates with DNB/MD/MS qualification in General Medicine, Pediatrics and Obstetrics & Gynecology only are eligible to opt for Medical Genetics (Cut off date for qualification 31.12.2015)
For candidates with DNB/MD qualification in Medicine/Pediatrics, the merit list for admission to Medical Genetics Programme shall be derived from DNB CET SS: medical & pediatrics subgroup respectively.
Candidates with DNB/MS qualification in Obstetrics & Gynaecology shall appear in the NBE FET (for the same academic session as DNB CET-SS) for Obstetrics and Gynaecology discipline. Their FET question paper shall have 100 questions in Obstetrics and Gynaecology and 30 questions in Medical Genetics. The marks obtained in Obstetrics & Gynaecology component (i.e. out of 100) shall be scaled to 180 and a common merit list shall be prepared (based on performance in 180+30 = 210 questions).
* For list of eligible qualification required for entry to DNB (Post Doctoral) courses, candidates are advised to refer to schedule at Annexure B of the information bulletin.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANT CANDIDATES :
1. CET-SS is a qualifying-cum-ranking examination for entry to various Super Specialty courses.
2. Applicant may kindly note that appearance in CET-SS does not confer any automatic rights to score a seat in NBE accredited hospital /institute.
3. Online Registration & sheduling for the examination must be completed by 22 October 2015.
4. Applications of candidates producing false or fabricated information will not be considered and candidates may be further debarred from appearing in any future examinations conducted by NBE.
5. Candidates should go through the bulletin carefully for eligibility criteria, scheme, pattern of examination etc before contacting the NBE for any queries. Queries pertaining to eligibility and other issues will only be entertained if the information requested is not given in bulletin or on website
6. Incomplete applications or applications not in accordance with instructions will not be considered and are liable to be rejected. The examination fee will not be refunded in such cases.
7. Fee will neither be carried forward to a future date nor refunded under any circumstances. Online applications and/or their acknowledgment of submission received after the due date will not be entertained and exam fee will not be returned in such cases. Application once submitted cannot be withdrawn.
8. Instructions in the information-bulletin are liable to changes based on decisions taken by the NBE from time to time. There is no equity or any rights that are /or deemed to be arising in favor of candidate.
9. NBE reserves the right to withdraw permission, if any, granted inadvertently to any candidate who is not eligible to appear in the CET-SS even though the admit card/roll number has been issued or name/roll number is displayed on the website of the Board.
10. Candidates’ eligibility is purely provisional & is subject to the fulfillment of eligibility criteria as prescribed by the NBE.
11. The existing schedule, pattern, policy and guidelines are for ready reference only but in no way they are or are ought to be treated as representative or acknowledgment of fact that NBE is bound to follow the same in future.
12. In case of any ambiguity in interpretation of any of the instructions/ terms/rules/criteria regarding the determination of eligibility/conduct of examinations/registration of candidates/information contained herein, the interpretation of the National Board of Examinations will be final and binding.
13. Requests are not entertained for change in examination centre. Candidates are advised not to canvass for or submit such representations.
14. Absentees from the examination will forfeit their examination fee.
15. Result for CET-SS shall be available on the website natboard.edu.in
16. Candidates MUST bring to the test centre the following documents. Unfair means case shall be registered against the candidates submitting false/forged documents. Candidates MUST bring to the test centre the following documents:
a. Printed copy of the Admit Card with photo pasted on it AND
b. Photocopy of your Permanent or Provisional SMC/MCI registration, to be retained by the test centre AND
c. Any one of the following authorised photo IDs** (must be original and non-expired):
i) Permanent or provisional SMC/MCI registration certificate with photograph. (Please note that in case you are carrying a COMPUTER PRINTED COPY of the MCI/SMC certificate, it needs to be presented with an additional valid PHOTO ID mentioned below.)
ii) PAN Card / Driving Licence / Voter ID / Passport
**The name on the photo identification must match with the name as shown on the Admit card. If the name has been changed due to events such as marriage, candidate must show the relevant document mentioned at the time of exam (Marriage Certificate/Divorcee Decree/Legal Name Change Document).
The examination test centre staff on duty is authorized to verify the identity of candidates and may take steps to verify and record the identity of candidates. Candidates are required to extend requisite cooperation.
17. Candidates should ensure before applying for the registration that their MBBS and MS/MD degree is recognized as per provisions of Indian Medical Council Act. If it is found at any time that MBBS or MS/MD degree is not recognized, the candidature/result shall be cancelled/ deemed to be cancelled.
18. All the correspondence should preferably be addressed by e-mail. The e-mail query shall be addressed only if it is not anonymous and contains the name, postal address and contact telephone number of the sender. An e-mail containing vague or general queries that are contained in the Information Bulletin shall not be entertained. Queries shall not be entertained from person claiming themselves to be representative, associates or officiates of the applicant candidate. The following information shall not be revealed by phone or email:
a. Internal documentation /status.
b. Internal Decision making process of National Board of Examinations
c. Any claim /counter claim thereof.
d. Dates & venue of internal meetings or name of the staff/officers dealing.
e. Any information which in the opinion of NBE cannot be revealed.
19. The CET-SS shall be conducted by NBE at test centres engaged for the purpose. Candidates are advised to familiarize themselves with the route and location of the test centre; location maps for all test centres are available on the website.
20. Candidates are advised to look into natboard.edu.in regularly for various information and notices pertaining to CET-SS examination.
21. A Demo Test is available for the benefit of candidates to familiarize themselves with the Computer Based exam format at website. Applicants will be able to access the demo test in November 2015 upon entering their confirmation ID (issued at the end of registration process).
22. Candidates kindly note that by registering for the CET-SS, they are covered by Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA); as per NDA candidates cannot disclose any question or contents of question paper in part or otherwise with any person or party or website or such other media/publication. Any act in breach of the NDA shall be liable for penal action as per law, kindly note that this is a punishable offence and shall lead to cancellation of candidature at the bare threshold.
23. The candidate is deemed to have read, agreed and accepted the Information Bulletin and the terms and conditions in the information bulletin for CET-SS on completing the registration form the candidate
24. The jurisdiction for court cases/disputes shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of competent courts at Delhi/New Delhi only.
Online Registration Open on 16 September to 22 October, 2015