Organisation : Council of Architecture, New Delhi
Announcement : National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) 2016
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Online Registration : https://www.nata.in/
Notification : https://www.entrance.net.in/uploads/7996-NATA2016.pdf
Home Page : http://www.nata.in/
The National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) measures the aptitude of the applicant for specific field of study, i.e. Architecture.
Related : Council of Architecture Delhi NATA National Aptitude Test in Architecture 2015 : www.entrance.net.in/760.html
The test measures drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability, that have been acquired over a long period of time, and that are related to specific field of study, i.e. Architecture.
Any person having passed SSC (Std X) or equivalent examination and above can appear for NATA. However, only candidates who have qualified an aptitude test in Architecture and have secured 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects, shall be eligible for admission to B.Arch. Course. No direct lateral admission is allowed at any year/stage of B.Arch. course based on any qualification. NATA score shall be valid for a period of two years from the year in which one appeared.
WHO SHOULD TAKE NATA AND WHY?
Prospective applicants desirous of taking admission to First year of undergraduate course in Architecture (Bachelor of Architecture) in India take NATA. NATA scores are used by admissions authorities of different Government, Govt. Aided & unaided schools / colleges of Architecture, to provide common measure for comparing the qualifications of applicants, for admission in addition to their scholastic performance in 10+2 or equivalent examination.
TEST FEES :
NATA 2016 Registration Form can be filled and submitted online at website nata.in by paying fees of Rs. 1250.00 either through credit card / debit card / net banking or the candidate can generate the challan for depositing the payment through cash in any of the branches of the ICICI Bank all over India.
The candidate shall be required to pay additional charges as “processing charges” for the following:-
Domestic Credit Card:- 1.25% of the NATA Fee plus service tax as applicable
Domestic Debit Card:- 0.75% of the NATA Fees plus service tax as applicable
Domestic Multiple Bank Net Banking Payment Gateway:- Rs.15 per transaction
Collection through PAN India ICICI Branches in cash (through challan) :- Rs.30 per transaction
For International Credit Card / Debit Card the charges may apply as per the policy of the Bank.
How to Apply :
NATA 2016 Registration form can be filled and submitted ONLINE from this website by payment of NATA fees of Rs. 1250.00 (+ Processing Charges) using Netbanking / Credit Cards / ICICI Isure Bank Challan
Download the Prefilled Registration form and procure the necessary registration documents.
Select a Test Center / Region (from the website nata.in) at a location convenient to the candidate and apply.
Important Dates :
Registration Start 21st January, 2016
Exam Start 1st April, 2016
Last Date of Exam 20th August, 2016
Last Date of Registration 18th August, 2016
Important Changes in NATA :
Please note that the following changes are effective for NATA test starting from 1st April 2016.
1. Starting 1st April 2016 Candidates can attempt NATA for a maximum of 5 (FIVE) TIMES within Two Years from the date of their First attempt.
2. The best score out of the number of attempts till date will be the “ VALID SCORE ” ( Maximum of 5 ).
3. “Best of 5 attempts” system will be applicable for the NATA test given from 1st April 2016 .
4. “ Validity of the “Best score” will be for 2 years from the date of their first attempt in 2016.
4. A new NATA Registration form is to be submitted online by the candidate at the NATA website for every attempt and the required Fee to be Paid for Every attempt.
5. The mark list will show the “ best marks “ scored by the candidate among all his previous attempts ( Maximum of 5 ) as “VALID SCORE“
6. For determining the “ best of 5” for the students who appeared for NATA test before 2016, 5 ( Five ) more attempts will be allowed and their earlier “last valid score” also will be considered for obtaining the Best Score and for such students the validity of their “Valid score” will be 2 years from the date of their First attempt in 2016.
7. Candidates, while seeking the repeat test appointment must declare their earlier exam details as required in the application form (even if he has appeared in the previous years) while registering for NATA 2016.
8. If any candidate is found registering afresh concealing the earlier appearance (including registered but exam not given cases ) for NATA test, he / she will forfeit his / her candidature and further his / her all previous scores will be cancelled and he / she will be barred from appearing for NATA again.