University : Sikkim Manipal University
Announcement : SMIT Offline Test 2016
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Apply Online : https://smu.edu.in/smu.html
Download Application Form : https://www.entrance.net.in/uploads/8391-SMU-Application-2016.pdf
Home Page : http://smu.edu.in/smu.html
SMIT offline Test :
Candidates seeking admission under this category will have to appear for offline written test conducted at various centres by SMIT.
SMIT OFFLINE TEST DATES – 2016 : (FOR B TECH)
Last date for receipt of duly filled application forms for SMIT offline Test – 2016 14 May
Related : GBU UG/ PG Admission 2016 Entrance Test : www.entrance.net.in/8372.html
SMIT OFFLINE TEST (for B TECH) 15 May
Publication of SMIT Offline Test Result (refer smu.edu.in) 25 May
1st round of Counseling for admission at SMIT (B Tech) through SMIT Offline Test
Admission / Counseling for B Tech through SMIT Offline Test 17 June
2nd round of counselling through SMIT Offline Test 4 July
Commencement of B Tech first semester 1 August
TEST CENTRE & CODE : (amendment)
TEST CENTRE | CODES :
In case the number of candidates are less than10 in any centre, candidates will be allotted to any of the next nearest test centres.
Application Procedure :
Candidates seeking admission to BTECH course at SMIT through SMIT OFFLINE TEST may submit their application as given below-
1. If downloaded from the website then you are supposed to send a DD of Rs 1600 (Rs 600 for application /Prospectus + Rs 1000 for entrance exam fee) along with the filled application form to the Chairman Admissions (Technical Campus).
2. If collected from the bank then you are supposed to send a DD of Rs 1000 (entrance exam fee) along with the filled application form to the Chairman Admissions (Technical Campus).
Note: The DD should be drawn in favour of “Sikkim Manipal University” payable at Gangtok.
Admission will continue till 15 August 2016 against vacancy :
Candidates reporting for admission are requested to bring the following documents:
(One set of photocopies of all the below mentioned documents along with ORIGINAL)
(1) Class X mark sheet
(2) Class XII mark sheet
(3) Transfer Certificate from School
(4) Migration Certificate from Board
(5) Character Certificate from School
(6) Demand Draft with amount as mentioned below (Lump Sum annual fee including hostel and mess charges) drawn in favor of Sikkim Manipal University payable at Gangtok.
(7) Payment may also be made on installment basis. In case of installment – candidate has to submit the DD with amount as mentioned below (1st installment) on the day of the counseling and 2nd installment will also be as mentioned below.
(8) 5 Passport size photographs
How can I take admission at SMIT for BTech. Course?
Candidates seeking admission to B.Tech program (CSE, CC, EC, IT, ME, EE & CE) at SMIT may apply in three ways- (i) through SMIT offline Test, (ii) through JEE (Main) All India Score, (iii) through All India Examination conducted by Manipal University.
Where to send the offline Application form?
For Engineering/MCA/BCA/MBA/BBA & MSc. (Phy, Chem & Math)/MPhil Courses:
Chairman Admissions (Technical Campus), Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology, Majitar, Rangpo, East Sikkim – 737132, Sikkim.
Can I avail any scholarships for my study?
Yes. Please visit Scholarship in our website. Freeship is awarded to meritorious candidates admitted to B.Tech course.
Do you have any management / donation quota?
The seats for all the courses offered by SMU can be secured only by merit in the qualifying examination / entrance test. SMU has no agents or middlemen for admissions. There is no donation or capitation fee of any kind. There are no management seats too.
Candidates are advised to apply directly to University through online or offline mode. They are cautioned against going through any agents
Can I avail the Hostel facility?
The institute has separate hostels for Boys and Girls, and provides excellent accommodation to students. The hostel rooms are two seaters, well-furnished and have attached bathrooms with hot water supply during winter. There are separate Student’s Messes for Boys and Girls. Canteen & Food court are also available for vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals. Recreation Rooms with TVs, separate gymnasiums for boys and girls and sports facilities are available.