Organisation : LBS Centre for Science & Technology Kerala
Announcement : MCA Admission Entrance Exam
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Notification : https://www.entrance.net.in/uploads/9880-prospectus.pdf
Home Page : http://lbscentre.in/mca2016/index.aspx
Application for MCA course will be accepted through online from 17th March 2016 to 2nd April 2016 5 p.m.
Related : NIMCET 2016 NIT MCA Common Entrance Test : www.entrance.net.in/9673.html
Master of Computer Applications (MCA) is a Programme of three years duration consisting of six semesters. This course is intended to train graduates in Engineering, Science or Commerce with Mathematics as one of the subjects in development and use of software for different applications.
The major thrust is on giving the students a sound background in computing, business functions and Mathematics relevant to Information Technology. The Prospectus for admission to M.C.A. Course 2016-17 is published herewith. The Prospectus issued in earlier years is not valid for 2016-17.
Academic Eligibility :
Candidates should have passed in any recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years’ duration in any discipline with Mathematics at 10 + 2 level OR Should have passed in any recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years’ duration in any discipline with Mathematics/Statistics as one of the subjects OR Should have passed in BCA Degree of minimum three years duration from a recognized University.
The candidate should have secured a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in their Degree examination. For SEBC and physically handicapped candidates, the aggregate mark required is 45%. For SC and ST candidates, a minimum pass in the degree examination is sufficient. No rounding off of percentage of marks to the nearest higher integer is permitted.
(1) Candidate seeking admission to the course should be qualified from any University in Kerala or any other Universities, recognised by any of the Universities in Kerala.
(2) Final Year regular Bachelor’s Degree students are also permitted to appear for the Entrance Examination subject to the condition that the original degree certificate and mark lists of all parts of the qualifying examination shall be produced by the candidate at the time of admission.
How and When To Apply:
Application for appearing in the Entrance Examination Candidates seeking admission to the course have to apply online through the website lbscentre.in of the Director of LBS Centre for Science and Technology. Application Fee for General and SEBC candidates is Rs.1000/- (Rupees Thousand Only).
In the case of SC/ST candidates and those eligible for SC/ST benefits as per G.O. (MS) No.25/05/SCSTDD dated 22.06.2005, the application fee is Rs.500/- (Rupees Five Hundred Only). Application fee can be remitted at any one of the branches of the Scheduled Bank (to be notified) in Kerala.
Submission of Application Form :
There will be three stages for the submission of print out of Application form both of which are mandatory. Candidates shall complete all the stages of submission as per the time schedule that will be notified through the website/media.
Stage 1. (a) Remittance of application Fee
** The candidate shall visit the official website lbscentre.in and click the link “Admission to M.C.A. Course-2016”.
** Then click the button “NEW CANDIDATE”. The personal details of the candidate have to be filled in the page thus obtained and saved.
** A three part challan form (Candidate copy, Office copy and Bank copy) will then appear on the screen. Candidate has to take a printout of the challan, produce the same in bank and remit the requisite application fee at any branch of the designated bank (which will be notified later).
** After the remittance of fee in the bank, the candidate will get back the candidate copy and office copy of the chalan from the bank (The candidate has to send this office copy to the Director, LBS Trivandrum along with the application form. The candidate copy of the chalan is to be retained by the candidate.)
Stage 2. – Confirmation of Registration.
1. After the remittance of fee, the candidate has to visit the official website lbscentre.in again and click the link “Admission to M.C.A. course- 2016”, on the next day or within the prescribed time limit for completion of the online application registration process.
2. The candidate now has to click the button “LOGIN/FEE REMITTED CANDIDATE”.
3. In the page thus obtained he/she has to enter the Application number, Sole ID of the branch of the bank (available from the Bank), Date of remittance and chalan number regarding the fee remittance.
4. Now the candidate will have to create and submit a password which must be made up of numerals or alphabets or a combination of both.
5. The candidate also has to answer the selected security question and click the button ‘CONFIRM’.
6. After this procedure the candidate has to upload soft copy of the recently taken passport size photo in JPEG format with size not more than 20 kb.
7. On successful uploading of the photo the candidate will get a unique “registration id”. (The candidate should enter his/her Application number, Registration id and Password for subsequent “login” to the home page)
8. Then the candidate has to click the button ‘PROCEED’ for taking him/her to the personal data sheet where he/she has to enter all the required data.
9. On completion of this process the candidate has to take a printout, which is the application form.