Organization : Birla Institute of Technology
Announcement : PhD Admission 2016 Written Test
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Download Application Form : https://www.entrance.net.in/uploads/6011-ApplicationForm2015.pdf
Notification : https://www.entrance.net.in/uploads/6011-Notification.pdf
Home Page : https://bitmesra.ac.in/Default.aspx?this=1
PhD Admission Test :
Notification for Full-Time / Part-Time Ph.D. Programmes (Session Spring 2016) :
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to full-time / part- time Ph.D. programme in the following Departments:
Related : BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2016 Instructions For Filling Application Form : www.entrance.net.in/6016.html
[Please see Department profiles on Institute website for research areas in each Department, and also instructions for filling the application form, fee structure, grouping of candidates etc].
Animation & Multimedia, Architecture, Bio-Engineering, Chemical Engineering & Technology, Chemistry, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Management, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Science & Technology, Physics, Production Engineering, Remote Sensing and Space Engineering & Rocketry
All candidates are advised to read this notification before filling the application form.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
1. An applicant for admission to the Ph.D. programme of this Institute shall possess, normally,
(a) an M.Phil./Master’s degree in Technology/ Engineering/ Pharmacy/ Management/ Architecture/ or equivalent, with a minimum of 60% marks at Master’s level for General candidates (55% in case of
(i) Full-Time Sponsored candidates with a minimum of three years professional experience, and
(ii) SC/ST candidates) or
(b) an M.Phil./Master’s Degree in Science/Humanities with a minimum of 55% marks at Master’s level for General candidates (50% in case of Full-Time Sponsored candidates with a minimum of three years professional experience, and SC/ST candidates) or
(c) any other discipline approved by the Technical Council of the Institute from time to time. Candidates must hold the required degree or equivalent qualification in appropriate discipline of any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislatures in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as an University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the ministry of HRD, Government of India / Association of India Universities.
2. Applicants with B.Tech /B.E./B.Sc. Engg./B.Arch./B.Pharm./M.B.B.S. having a minimum of 70% marks at Graduation level for General candidates (55% in case of Full-Time Sponsored candidates with a minimum of three years professional experience, and 55% for SC/ST candidates) may also apply. This degree must entail a minimum of 4 years of education after higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
3. However, an applicant having professional qualifications such as Associate Member of Institution of Engineers (India) / Aeronautical Society of India or equivalent may be considered for admission to the Ph.D. programme only after he/she completes the M.E. / M.Tech programme of any recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks at Master’s level (55% in case of Full-Time Sponsored candidates with a minimum of three years professional experience, and SC/ST candidates).
4. Candidates must have adequate proficiency in written and spoken English. Foreign nationals, excluding ex-students and faculty/staff members of B.I.T. International Campuses, possessing any of the qualification listed 1, 2, 3 above shall be required to clear TOEFL or any other equivalent examination prescribed by the Technical Council of the Institute from time to time to become eligible for admission to the Ph.D. programme.
Candidates must hold the required degree or equivalent qualification in appropriate discipline. All candidates are directed to see the web pages of Departments of the Institute for detailed eligibility criteria additionally for each department.
(1) Candidates with foreign diplomas should see the EdCIL website for equivalence (edcil.co.in), and if required should obtain an equivalence certificate well in advance from the evaluation division of the AIU (website aiuweb.org).
(2) In case any Board / University awards grades instead of marks, the calculation of equivalent marks would be based on the procedure prescribed by the Board / University. In case a University does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing obtained CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant with 100.
How to Apply :
To apply for the Ph.D. programme (Session Spring 2016) of the Institute, eligible candidates must download and print the application form available on our website, and
** Send the completed form along with two recent colour photographs and photocopies of all marksheets and certificates (see List of enclosures)
** Crossed Demand Draft for Rs. 2,500/- (Rs.1,500/- for SC/ST) non-refundable in favour of “Birla Institute of Technology”, payable at Ranchi
** Send in a A4 size envelope by Speedpost / reliable courier (means by which sender may track its movement on internet) to the office of Dean, Admissions & Academic Coordination, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi – 835215.
** Write “Application for Ph.D. SP 2016” on the envelope. Applications reaching us after the due date are liable to be rejected / may not be processed.
** Incomplete applications or applications received without all required enclosures are liable to be rejected / may not be processed.
** You may use one application form to apply for Ph.D. in ONLY one Department.
** Please use separate application forms to apply for two or more Departments.
** Each application form must be complete in all respects and sent in a separate envelope along with all required enclosures as above.
** Candidates may apply for the Ph.D. programme in a maximum of three Departments.
Availability of Application Form (Online / downloadable) on the Institute website 30 October 2015
Last date for receipt of completed forms at Mesra 23 November 2015
Tentative date for notification of list of eligible candidates for Written Test & Interviews (only on the Institute website) 01 December 2015
Date for Written Test and Interviews 14 December 2015
Declaration of Result by 15 December 2015
Admission by 18 December 2015
Date for commencement of classes will be announced at the time of admission
Date, Time and Venue for Ph.D. Entrance Test:
The Ph.D. Entrance Test will be held on 14th December 2015 from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm at the Institute
Main Building in the Institute’s Campus at Mesra, Ranchi- 835215.
The Ph.D. Entrance Test on 14th December 2015 would consist of 2 parts
a) General Aptitude Test common to all applicants, from 9:00 am to 9:45 am on 14th December 2015 and
b) Subject Specific Tests to examine basic fundamental knowledge in the subject, from
10:00 am to 10:45 am for candidates applying to only one Department
10:00 am to 10:45 am & 11:00 am to 11:45 am for candidates applying to two Departments
10:00 am to 10:45 am, 11:00 am to 11:45 am & 12:00 noon to 12:45 pm for candidates applying to three Departments
The syllabi of the General Aptitude Test and the Subject Specific Tests for each Department can be seen on the Department web pages on the Institute website.
Date and Venue for Interviews: 14th December 2015, from 2:00 pm onwards, at the concerned Department