Organization : Birla Institute of Technology
Announcement : PhD Admission 2016 Written Test
Facility : Instructions For Filling Application Form
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Instructions For Filling Application Form : https://www.entrance.net.in/uploads/6016-Instructions.pdf
Home Page : https://bitmesra.ac.in/Default.aspx?this=1
Instructions For Filling Application Form :
1. Before filling and submitting your application form, you are advised to carefully read the eligibility conditions for admission to the Ph.D. programme and satisfy yourself that you fulfill all the eligibility conditions.
Related : BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2016 Written Test : www.entrance.net.in/6011.html
2. Candidates applying for admission to more than one Department should use separate application form for each Department.
3. Candidates should indicate whether they would like to pursue Full-Time / Part-Time in the appropriate box provided.
4. All items are mandatory and must be filled in. Incomplete application will liable to be rejected.
5. Interested candidates are strongly advised to go through the concern department profiles on the Institute website
6. A recent colour photograph of good quality must be pasted firmly in the box provided. Attach one extra photograph in the form using a paper clip. Write your Name and Department of interest on the back side of the photograph.
7. Please ensure that all information provided is correct and accurate. Admission on false information will be ipso facto null and void and also punishable under the various provision of Indian Penal Code.
8. The completed application form should be sent by Speedpost / reliable courier (means by which sender may track its movement on internet) to reach the Office of the Dean Admissions & Academic Coordination, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi- 835215, positively by the due date. Applications reaching us after the due date are liable to be rejected / may not be processed.
9. Enclose photocopies of Pass certificate of Class 10, marksheets of Class 10, Class 12, Graduation / Postgraduation (if available), as well as Caste / Special Category certificates. Write your Name, and Ph.D. Spring 2016, on the back of each paper.
10. All candidates belonging to the SC, ST categories must note and obtain caste certificates which should be in proper format, and which should be signed by appropriate authority of rank not less than SDO.
Note: The final reservation proportion will depend on notification, if any, issued by competent authority and as accepted by the Institute). Candidates belonging to Persons with Disability [PwD] / Physically Handicapped [PH] category must send photocopy of relevant certificate(s) in proper format signed by appropriate authority.
11. Do not enclose any original certificates with your application at this stage.
12. The Admissions Office / concerned Departments may not undertake detailed scrutiny of applications before Test / Interviews, and all shortlisted applicants called for Test / Interviews, except those whose applications are summarily rejected, are allowed to appear at the Test / Interviews on purely provisional basis, subject to their eligibility being verified at the time of Test / interviews. Merely being allowed to appear at the Test / Interviews will not be considered as a ground for being eligible for admission to the Ph.D. programme. Further, mere submission of application form does not entitle a candidate to appear for the Test / Interviews.
Specific Instructions :
13. Department of Interest and Choice of Campus: Write your Department of interest and choice of Campus. Also write if applying for more than one Department(s).
14. Name: Write your name as in your Class 10 certificate, as follows: –
First Name, Middle Name(s) and Surname. Write one letter in one block, and leave one block blank between parts of the name. Do not write MR / MS / SHRI / SMT, etc. If space is insufficient, use initials for middle name(s).
15. Father’s Name & Mother’s Name:
Do not write MR / SHRI, MRS / SMT, etc.
16. Date of Birth:
Use dd-mm-yyyy format. Thus if your date of birth is 15 January 1988, you should fill in 15 01 1988
Put tick mark against appropriate box
Tick the box for General / SC / ST as the case may be. If you belong to the SC, ST category, enclose photocopy of caste certificate in proper format signed by appropriate authority of rank not less than SDO. (see also instruction 10 above).
19. Other Category:
Candidates applying under the Persons with Disability [PwD] / Physically Handicapped [PH] category must provide photocopy of disability certificate in proper format from a Civil Surgeon.
20. Educational Record:
a) Percentage of Marks in qualifying examination: Please see Eligibility Criteria
b) CSIR-NET / BRNS / NBHM / other Test qualified candidates: Should provide their Roll No, Score / Percentile and discipline papers
c) No. of attempts: Write 1 if passed in one attempt, 2 if in two attempts, etc.
d) Subjects: Use abbreviations – Phys, Chem, Math, Stat, Eng, etc
e) Certificates: See also instructions 9, 10, 18 & 19 above.
21. Complete Postal Address:
Write clearly in capital letters, provide pincode, STD code and telephone number, mobile number and e-mail id
22. Details of Demand Draft:
Please fill in the details as given in the Form
23. Declaration and Undertakings:
The candidate must sign the declaration, and also the undertaking after reading them. A parent or legal guardian should sign the second undertaking.