Organisation : JNU Jawaharlal Nehru University
Entrance Exam : Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination [JNUEE]
|You can now ask your questions about this Entrance Exam. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Apply Online : https://admissions.jnu.ac.in/Default2.aspx
Notification : https://www.entrance.net.in/uploads/8230-JNUEE.pdf
Home Page : http://www.jnu.ac.in/
The number of seats being limited, admission will be made on the basis of merit. Merit lists will be drawn in accordance with the provisions of Admission Policy of the University.
JNU JNUEE 2015 Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Exam : www.entrance.net.in/301.html
No candidate shall be eligible to register for the programme/course if he/she is already registered for any full-time programme of study of this University or in any other University/Institution.
However, students pursuing M.Phil./Ph.D., M.Tech./ Ph.D., MPH/Ph.D., Pre-Ph.D./Ph.D. programme are allowed to take up full time employment only after completing two years residential requirement. Provided that those enganged in teaching and research in recognized institution located in NCR may be allowed to take up the full time employment subject to a limitation of 12.5% of the total number of M.Phil./Ph.D., M.Tech./Ph.D., MPH/Ph.D., Pre- Ph.D./Ph.D. student in a particular School/Centre (Prior approval and No Objection Certificate from the employer is pre-requisite for registration/admission).
A candidate who successfully completes a programme in one particular language/subject may not be entitled for admission to same level of programme (language/subject) again. The candidate may be allowed one more chance to get admission in other langauge/ subject. Further, the candidate who fails to complete the programme successfully in the first two chances will not be given admission third time in the same language/ subject under any circumstances. This will be applicable to all programmes of study being offered by the University.
Instructions for filling up of the online application form :
** Before you proceed to register yourself for entrance examination, you must ensure that you have read and understood the eligibility criteria for each discipline / programme of study for which you intend to take the entrance examination as giving in the prospectus.
** You should fill your correct basic and academic details like Name, DOB, Address, Contact No., and Discipline / programme of study subsequently under circumstances.
** Please remember your password and don’t share with others.
** Before final submission of online Application form, read the declaration carefully and give your consent on it. You are required to upload a recently taken scanned photograph and signature in JPG format. Photograph preferably taken on or after 1-Jan-2016 only have to be uploaded (preferable width 150px and height 200px) and size less than 20-50 KB. Signature size should be less than 10-20 KB(preferable width 140px and height 60px). The maximum file size for Photo and Signature is 50 KB, failing which you will not be able to complete your application. So you must check your information details carefully before final submission of your application form.
** All statements made in the application form should be true and correct and any suppression of facts or mis-statements thereof shall render the candidature liable to rejection.
** Please ensure that the online application form duly filled in is submitted by or before the last date and time announced for the purpose.
** The “Declaration by the Candidate” in the downloaded form should be properly read and understood and affix your signatures in affirmation of declaration in the space provided for the purpose at the end of the declaration.
Dates of JNU Entrance Exam :
1. Start of Online Application process from 4:00 p.m. on 8th February, 2016
2. Issue of offline Application Forms (by Post) 8th February, 2016
3. Last date for issue of offline Application Forms (by Post) 10th March, 2016
4. Last date for online Registration till 5.00 p.m. on 21st March, 2016
5. Last date of submission of completed Application Form to reach JNU 23rd March, 2016
6. Date of Entrance Examination (Time-Table given at the end)) 16th, 17th, 18th & 19th May 2016
7. Declation of result of written examination for B.A. (Hons.) 2nd year, M.A. (Foreign Languages), M.Phil./Ph.D., Pre-Ph.D./Ph.D., M.Tech./Ph.D., MPH/Ph.D., COP & ADOP(Mass Media) (for prgrammes where viva is prescribed) by 27th June, 2016 (Tentative)
8. Viva-Voce of candidates selected on by 14th July, 2014 (Tentative) the basis of written test by 14th July, 2016 (Tentative)
9. Publication of merit list for admission to various programmes of study
i) where viva voce is not prescribed (B.A. (Hons.) 1st year, M.A. (except Foreign Languages), M.Sc. & MCA) by 8th July, 2016 (Tentative)
ii) where viva voce is prescribed (B.A. (Hons.) 2nd year, M.A. (Foreign Languages), M.Phil./Ph.D., Pre-Ph.D./Ph.D., M.Tech./Ph.D., MPH/Ph.D., COP & ADOP(Mass Media) by 22nd July, 2016 (Tentative)
10. Registration of candidates selected for admission
i) For B.A.(Hons.) 1st year 18th to 20th july & 28th July to 1st August,2016
ii) For M.A.(except Foreign Languages), M.Sc., MCA 21st, 22nd and 25th July & 28th july to 1st August, 2016
iii) For B.A. (Hons.) 2nd year, M.A. (Foreign Languages), M.Phil./Ph.D.,Pre-Ph.D./Ph.D., M.Tech./Ph.D., MPH/Ph.D. and JRF 26th july to 1st August, 2016
iv) For Part Time 2nd to 4th August, 2016
v) For Direct admission to Ph.D. 18th to 20th July , 2016
vi) For Direct admission to Ph.D. for Winter Semester 4th to 6th January, 2017
11. Last date for payment of fees. 1st August, 2016 (Such of the selected candidates who are not in a position to join the programme by stipulated date i.e. 1st August, 2016 owing to non-declaration of their result but submit their acceptance alongwith the Bank Draft of the required amount by 1st August, 2016 will be permitted to complete their registration requirements on or before 16th August, 2016.)
12. Release of Second List, if any, wherever required as per the admission policy of the University (Candidates are advised to check the list on the website of the University) By 4th August, 2016 (Tentative)
13. Registration of Second List 5th to 16th August, 2016
14. Deadline for Admission/Registration 16th August, 2016