Organisation : Indian Council of Agricultural Research ICAR
Announcement : B.Tech Dairy Technology Admission
Entrance Exam : B.Tech Dairy Technology Admission Entrance Exam
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Notification : https://www.entrance.net.in/uploads/9812-NDRIB.tech_InformationBulletin.pdf
Asmission Form : https://www.entrance.net.in/uploads/9812-NDRIB.tech_ApplicationForm.pdf
Home Page : http://www.icar.org.in/
B.Tech (Dairy Technology) :
1. This degree programme offers intensive training in processing and quality control of milk and dairy products and engineering aspects of dairy processing equipment.
Related : Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University UPSEE 2016 : www.entrance.net.in/8490.html
2. The duration of the B.Tech. (Dairy Technology) is four years. The course is run under semester system. One academic year consists of two semesters each of about 18 week’s duration. The students are given one year In-plant Training at Model Dairy Plant located at Institute’s premises.
3. The candidate must have passed 10+2 Senior Secondary Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education or any other examination within scope and standard found to be equivalent to the Senior Secondary Examination of an Indian University/Board after a period of 12 years of study. The last two years of such 10+2 examination should have papers in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as a core subject. Candidate must have passed the qualifying examinations as enumerated above securing not less than 50% of the total marks for General, OBC and UPS categories and 40% of the total marks for SC/ST and Physically handicapped categories.
4. Admission shall be made on the basis of merit through All India Entrance Examination conducted by the National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal.
5. One who is appearing for 10+2 examination in the year 2016 can also apply subject to his/her producing 10+2 passing certificate on the date of counselling.
Procedure for Application :
(1)Application for admission shall be made in the prescribed form meant for the purpose.
(2) The application form bears a serial number at the top left corner on page 1. This number, as well as the main subject to which the admission is sought, must be quoted in all correspondence regarding admission to this Institute.
(3) All correspondence for admission should be addressed to the Academic Coordinator, National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal-132001 (Haryana). For all important ICAR-National dairy research institute Information Bulletin (DT) 2016-17 dates please see important instructions on the back of cover page.
(4) The application form and information bulletin can also be downloaded from NDRI Website ndri.res.in.
The completed form may be submitted to the
Academic Coordinator, University Office,
National Dairy Research Institute,
along with the bank draft of Rs. 1200/- (600/- in case of ST, SC & PH candidates) on or before 30th of March 2016.
The Bank draft must be drawn in favour of “ICAR Unit, NDRI, Karnal” payable at Karnal.
(5) In order to obtain acknowledgement for the receipt of the application by the Institute, candidates are advised to send their applications by registered/speed post.
(6) Application for admission must be completed in block letters. All entries in the application form must be filled up and attested copies of the following certificates and documents (original certificate should not be sent with the application).
a) Certificate for date of birth.
b) Certificates of all examinations passed starting from Matriculation.
c) Mark lists indicating percentage of marks, total marks and division/OGPA etc. obtained. of all examinations passed.
d) A certificate from the Principal/school indicating the marks/ division obtained in the examination passed.
e) In case of SC/ST and OBC candidate, a certificate as per annexure V & VI from a first class Magistrate of a District/ Competent Authority indicating that the candidate belongs to a particular category.
f) Three recent passport size photographs duly attested should be affixed at appropriate place of the Application/ Admit Card.
(7) All original certificates and marks sheet are to be produced at the time of registration/ counselling. Candidates who do not produce all the original certificates and mark sheets will not be admitted.
(8) If a candidate wilfully furnishes wrong information or suppresses any relevant information, his/her candidature/ admission will automatically stand cancelled.
(9) Roll Nos and centre of examination of the eligible candidates will be displayed on NDRI website (ndri.res.in) on 30-04-2016. No despatch of admit card shall be made. Therefore, all candidates are advised to visit the NDRI website and note down the roll no. on their admit cards and bring it with them to appear in the examination.
(10) Candidates are advised to retain a photocopy of the application form and bank draft for their personal record. It may be used at any time in support of having submitted application and also retain a copy of post office receipt for dispatch through registered post or speed post. Without these paper, a candidate shall not be allowed to appear in examination, in the absence of admit card.
Entrance examination & Selection Procedure :
The candidates who fulfil the minimum qualifications will be eligible to appear in the entrance examination. Name and Roll Nos. of eligible candidates will be displayed on NDRI Website. Those who are not found eligible, their names will be displayed separately.
The entrance examination will be conducted at following centres:
(a) NDRI, Karnal (Haryana)
(b) Southern Regional Station, NDRI, Adugodi, Bangalore (Karnataka)
(c) Eastern Regional Station, NDRI, Kalyani (West Bengal)
(2) There will be only one paper based on subject matter of 2 hrs 30 minutes duration and of 180 marks. Paper will be objective type with multiple choice questions.
(3) The syllabus of written examination is given as Annexure-I.
(4) The qualifying marks for the written examination will be 90 (81 for SC/ST & PH category) Marks.
(5) The final selection for admission to B.Tech (Dairy Technology) will be based on merit list prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the Entrance Examination.
(6) Only those students will be registered who will complete their qualifying examination in all respect latest before the commencement of counselling.
(7) The result will be announced on 30.04.2016 and the merit list showing marks of qualified candidates will be displayed on NDRI website.
(8) Information Bulletin will be available at NDRI website from 22-02-2016 to 16-03-2016.
Last date for receipt of application forms : 30.03.2016